Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I love the on track manner of this car. I get to drive a lot of different vehicles on the road course and I have to say my initial impressions of this car are quite high. Even though its fairly heavy, it handles itself quite well on course. Especially considering its virtually in stock form. I can only imagine what it will be like with some minor tweaks. Better tires, alignment, brake fluid and pad upgrade.

Anyways, here are a few shots from this past weekend.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wow, those are some magazine quality shots, whoever was behind the camera knew what they were doing. That color really stands out and the scenary just adds to the epicness of the pictures. Looks awesome.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, those are some magazine quality shots, whoever was behind the camera knew what they were doing. That color really stands out and the scenary just adds to the epicness of the pictures. Looks awesome.
Thanks. I have been shooting photography for many year and also do Motorsports Journalism.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looks amazing! I'll keep an eye out for your car if I'm cruising in the VT/NH/MA area this summer. I've only seen 3 other SS's driving around my parts over the past year (2 different phantom black ones and a Red Hot one), so finding another jungle green one on the roads would be cool.

·
Registered
59 Posts
What camera do you use if you dont mind me asking? I recently picked up a Nikon D3400 and upgraded to a 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G lens anticipating to take lots of nice shots of my new car but I'm still learning what all the setting do and I have yet to even edit pictures to clean them up on my computer. Some of my best amateur photography work

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What camera do you use if you dont mind me asking? I recently picked up a Nikon D3400 and upgraded to a 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G lens anticipating to take lots of nice shots of my new car but I'm still learning what all the setting do and I have yet to even edit pictures to clean them up on my computer. Some of my best amateur photography work
Nice work.

I use a Nikon D600 and this was mainly with my Tamron 24-70mm 2.8. Once you grasp how the shutter speed, ISO and aperture affect light and one another, you will be able to do most anything. You can do a lot in post and while post (editing) is important, getting the exposure and composition are more important. I learned on film and a all manual camera to boot so trying to get the shot right in the camera first can save you a lot of time in the editing room. What I would suggest is find some shots you like on flickr. Look at the specs of the shot they used and the conditions they shot in and try to replicate it. For example, Look to see what time of day it was shot (meaning bright sun, early morning, at night etc) then look at the camera settings. shot at 1/125th at f8 at 75mm at ISO 200. Put the camera in manual and put your settings to the same and try it out. Then change one setting and see how it changes the photo. Digital photography is great for this.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

My (stock suspension) 2014 SS gets on track a few times a year but I have not shared much here yet, hopefully this area of the forums picks up a bit because the SS really is a nice car on track.

Jeremy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts