Chevy SS Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
GM support finally called me 5 business days later, they're going to go through with the "customer cost assistance program" with the dealer. Since I am a regular customer of theirs and of good report they should hopefully be able to bring the quoted price down a fair amount, preferably well under 1K...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Update: So my GM support rep said without saying that the dealer likely flubbed the cost assistance and only was able to knock off 20% of the repair estimate but the GM support rep will be getting me free regular oil/fluid maintenance for 30K miles or 36 months which includes 1x trans and 1x diff fluid change, max of 3 visits per year. They don't disclose the value of the plan but I'm assured it's very generous and by my rough calculations it is a healthy dollar value saved.

Not too shabby to lighten the blow of a $1120 repair bill for a part that shouldn't have failed that early... Not sure how I feel about my dealer possibly not doing all they could to get the repair cost down but it's nice knowing the GM support rep genuinely cares about my customer satisfaction. I didn't make a stink with the dealer when I called and told them to go ahead and order the part and schedule the repair as I want to continue coming to this dealer out of convenience and report with the parts guy and a couple salesmen between Chevy and Cadillac.

Overall I'm happy with the outcome and recommend you guys give the GM support number a try (within reason of course). The big factors that helped me was I'm still under the factory power/drive train warranty and have very low miles given the month age of the vehicle and I've been loyal to a specific authorized GM servicer/dealer for virtually all regular maintenance (with the exception of tires).

41 - 42 of 42 Posts