Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seven years ago today I waited anxiously as my car was unloaded at 0400 on June 17, 2015. Rolled the dice on Perfect Blue Metallic after seeing a few pics online and finding out it was a limited run Holden "Hero Colour" released on the fifth anniversary of the passing of legendary Australian racer "Perfect" Peter Brock. I can tell you that like many an SS color, pics don't do it justice.
Ordered the day my daughter turned 13, she is now a 20 year old young lady. The wife has had three new cars since, and my daughter's Lacrosse is newer than my SS. Sure, I'd love to have a new car. A daily driver that isn't 26 years old would be cool, a CT5-V BW would be pretty sweet. I'd have to trade in the SS of course, and that will never happen, ever. I've never had a car quite like this one, or felt this way about a car. I've never had a car feel so right to me, feel like a part of me. Seven years later and my SS stirs emotion within that is hard to describe. I had a couple of rough spots in my life within those seven years, really, really rough. Through it all, my SS was there, waiting. Eager to please at the push of a button, as reliable as a Timex and as solid as a 1911. I have and have had some pretty cool stuff in my life, but nothing like this car. From ordering in 2014 to arrival in mid 2015 to present day, it's been an awesome ride. From tracking order number SHBNP3 through the system, to all of the work put in by @Headrat and others, tracking it on the Amber Arrow, pics from Headrat in Benicia, a rail car number to Lenexa, to a truck number for Jack Cooper Transport.
Went to work right away, putting in the first of ten ever Roto-Fab CAI's off of my 2014, to a Solo axleback that I had before the car. A refresher from Livernois Motorsports in 2018 was the best warranty voiding endeavor that I've had the pleasure of having done. Wheels and tires from Jon @Bestwheeldeals in 2019 was the last upgrade. I've considered other upgrades and modifications, but in the end realize how perfect it is to me just the way it sits.
Times have changed. Life has changed, house has changed, I have changed. Other than a few parts, my car hasn't changed, and it never will.
This is my Chevy SS.
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Wheel Tire

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Window

Wheel Tire Car Plant Vehicle

Car Gear shift Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

Vehicle Car Hood Grille Automotive lighting

Vehicle Car Blue Vehicle registration plate Grille

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Blue Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Super Moderator
8,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got a pic of your car that morning as well @2KFORMULA ...
Car Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
232 Posts
Very cool. You have always kept your car looking its perfect color name justice. You forgot to post the pic when Karls got the red white and blue in. So I can see my old one.

Oops was too slow to post good to see.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I've never had a car quite like this one, or felt this way about a car. I've never had a car feel so right to me, feel like a part of me. Seven years later and my SS stirs emotion within that is hard to describe.
^^^
THIS! I can't begin to explain it, but I've never been so attached to a car. Six years in and it still gives me a thrill Every Single Time I get innit.

But boy howdy, I've been veeeerrrry attached to some motorcycles. The MotoMistress** in particular. Night before I was selling it I went and sat on the bike in the garage and cried like a baby at the thought of parting.

**1988 Honda Hurricane 1000 aka CB1000F. A mistress would have gotten me killed for sure, the bike, only maybe. Plus with the bike I could stay in the saddle riding all day, a mistress, only maybe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts