Chevy SS Forum banner
581 - 600 of 652 Posts
Discussion starter · #582 ·
Nada...waiting for the block to come back so I can get this puppy rolling again [emoji41]

Reactions: a6d9cmro
Discussion starter · #583 ·
So now the latest is I may need pistons after all. Did someone say 454? [emoji48]

Discussion starter · #585 ·
Reactions: 15SuperSport
Discussion starter · #586 ·
So it’s settled. 427 it is...ordering pistons soon [emoji41]

Discussion starter · #592 ·
Discussion starter · #593 ·
I should have asked about rings also--file to fit, or Total Seal Gapless??
That I leave in the hands of my buddy the builder...I know the last time we filed and they weren’t cheap.

Discussion starter · #594 ·
He is going 2650,,,, GOTTA be file fit and gapped,, with an acre or more of ring land,,, too!!! Especially at his power levels!!!! My personal choice would be the Manley's for this application!!!

o_O
Went - blower has been on since last year [emoji6]

Discussion starter · #595 ·
UPDATE

Back order on ARP head studs and bolts (2000 series), so I’m down until around August.

Reactions: a6d9cmro
Discussion starter · #597 ·
Are you using the smaller LS3 (11mm) head studs or the larger ls9 (12mm) size? Are the LS9 ARP studs available? If so upgrade the stud size and your back in the game. Hate to see you down still after you have waited this long.
Short answer is nope.

Machinist said no need - so we’ll see

In the meantime, got Nightmare a roommate

Smurf
3.6, 310hp, seats 7 - couldn’t take the 4 cylinder Outback or oil smell anymore
LOL

Discussion starter · #598 ·
Got the pistons, rings and pins. Those will go off for balancing in the morning. I see a light at the end of the tunnel [emoji41]

Discussion starter · #600 ·
So, this is a post I never wanted to make ever in life, but, sometimes in life, things be this way.

First thing, the build is still going, just on pause as I’m not able to work on the car.

I’ve got a bit of that gosh dang cancer.

I’m going to be ok, it’s stage 2 breast cancer (1% of all cases are men - fucking figures I’d get it) and since I didn’t ignore a lump I felt in my chest we got it early enough that this poison coursing through my veins will stop it dead on its tracks.

I should be all good by Turkey Day.

I’ll prolly be radio silent for the time being, but I’m in touch with @16HeronSS if you guys want updates.

God speed guys and gals.

581 - 600 of 652 Posts