Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #481
Updated the original post

Reactions: 16HeronSS

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Nice build. Can’t wait to see the dyno, slip, and a tire shredding video!!!

·
Registered
338 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #485
So the tuner has reached the end of the 93 octane’s limit and can’t shake KR (4.5*!), so hasn’t made a full pull. Letting off around 4500, he’s gotten about 755rwhp/767rwtq so far. Today he’s gonna drain the fuel and put in the E85 I brought him.

With a 3” upper and 8.6” (10% OD) lower, it made 17.5 psi. He said it’ll make more at the top and I still have a 9.1 in my garage.

We have TR8IX plugs in there now. I wonder if I should be looking at an even colder plug...

I have 9s at home, but they are non-resistor and he said those will make problems for my sensors and whatnot. Guess I’ll look on Brisk’s website

·
Registered
338 Posts
Holy sh*t!!

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Opening a can of whoop ass!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #488

So that happened.

Red Loctite. That’s all I needed to do. Just a little red Loctite. I have a whole bottle of it. I used the blue on some stuff, ironically on the supercharger pulley. Welp, the main drive pulley got beat up some, so that’s being ordered today. ARP crank bolt is on the way. Tune clean up will have to wait a few days.

Minor setback. Just time, right?

This could have really ended badly as I was on the highway when it came off.

·
Super Moderator
5,997 Posts

So that happened.

Red Loctite. That’s all I needed to do. Just a little red Loctite. I have a whole bottle of it. I used the blue on some stuff, ironically on the supercharger pulley. Welp, the main drive pulley got beat up some, so that’s being ordered today. ARP crank bolt is on the way. Tune clean up will have to wait a few days.

Not gonna click like. Glad you're okay, glad the hotrod is ok. Yes, time. A little money, but mostly time. Normally when something you work at takes time, when all of that time is fully vested the reward is that much sweeter.
Your attitude, and fortitude, has been commendable through all of this, looking forward to the official reveal, dyno, burnout, time slip... (y)

·
Registered
226 Posts

So that happened.

My buddy saw a similar issue at your power level. Pin the crank, we used three pins (since he bought 3 with the kit)

Two is probably enough but the stock pin shears at over 700. Also, he had some issues with crankcase pressure, but I see you have a catch can. Just something to keep in mind.

Edit: added a picture of the pins

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #491
Not gonna click like. Glad you're okay, glad the hotrod is ok. Yes, time. A little money, but mostly time. Normally when something you work at takes time, when all of that time is fully vested the reward is that much sweeter.
Your attitude, and fortitude, has been commendable through all of this, looking forward to the official reveal, dyno, burnout, time slip... (y)
I thank you

Reactions: 15SuperSport

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #492
My buddy saw a similar issue at your power level. Pin the crank, we used three pins (since he bought 3 with the kit)

Two is probably enough but the stock pin shears at over 700. Also, he had some issues with crankcase pressure, but I see you have a catch can. Just something to keep in mind.

Edit: added a picture of the pins
Honestly, I thought the ATI pin was enough. When I had the LSA hub on, I used two pins. I guess I’ll be breaking out my pinning jig and adding a couple

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #493
The good news is that the damper is rebuildable, so I only had to order a hub. It should be here middle of the week.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sorry man, sucks that it happened. Hopefully the crank is ok. Now you have me wide awake wondering if I did a good enough job pinning mine.

481 - 494 of 494 Posts