Chevy SS Forum banner

461 - 480 of 494 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Following, sure like this version of the build. Stay tenacious.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Glad too see progress is being made, it’s the only thing keeping me sane while my engine is coming together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #464
So I was all set to perform my first startup, when I noticed the strangest thing: shifter in park, trans in park, indicator in drive. After some wrangling, I got a tool to hit the override, but that did nothing but move the lever to drive. Once in drive, I could move and indicate sport mode, but that was all - D or S, nothing else. Can’t start the car or open the trunk (yes I know it won’t open in drive) without the pull handle.

Normally I have. Sense of humor but right now I’m seething. I really don’t have time for this, the car has to go to the tuner Wednesday and I have a photo shoot Saturday. Nothing in the car was disconnected, everything under the car is connected, I have not a clue what the issue is.

·
Super Moderator
5,997 Posts
That sucks. Pulling for you to get it sorted out. 👍

·
Registered
136 Posts
Didn't you have the trans out? Shifter linkage may need to be adjusted? Only reason I could think of. Is it even possible to hook those up backwards?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #467
Didn't you have the trans out? Shifter linkage may need to be adjusted? Only reason I could think of. Is it even possible to hook those up backwards?
Funny you say that cuz I’ve run my trans rebuild over and over in my head and I think I know what’s wrong. I’ll be pulling the pan tomorrow to confirm my goof. There’s a rod in the VB that tells the car where the trans is...me thinks I missed it because I don’t recall making sure it was connected (I have an odd memory lol)

Reactions: dDUBb

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #468
I really appreciate the support from you all, too! Helps keeps me positive even when stuff goes wrong

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Funny you say that cuz I’ve run my trans rebuild over and over in my head and I think I know what’s wrong. I’ll be pulling the pan tomorrow to confirm my goof. There’s a rod in the VB that tells the car where the trans is...me thinks I missed it because I don’t recall making sure it was connected (I have an odd memory lol)
The Manual valve. I've made that mistake before on a different vehicle after a transmission rebuild, so you are definitely not the first. Should be a quick fix.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #470
Yup. Confirmed I goofed. There’s a dowel on the pawl that slides into a notch for the indicator. I missed it.

Whoops.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Yup. Confirmed I goofed. There’s a dowel on the pawl that slides into a notch for the indicator. I missed it.

Whoops.
Fire in the hole..... hopefully....

Reactions: 15SuperSport

·
Super Moderator
5,997 Posts
Awesome. Now for the video... 😁

Reactions: wilkin4

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #473
Oh I guess I can’t post videos?

Started and ran, had a little issue with 4th (wouldn’t make the shift, just revved), so I pulled over to restart the car.

Been on the side of the road an hour waiting for AAA cuz my jumper died too

·
Super Moderator
5,997 Posts
All of these things will be worth it in the end. Once you get past all of the new build bugs, start a YouTube channel and post a video link for us. We are behind you on this. Wish I was closer, I'd jump you in a heartbeat.
No wait, that's not what I meant... ;)

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #475
All of these things will be worth it in the end. Once you get past all of the new build bugs, start a YouTube channel and post a video link for us. We are behind you on this. Wish I was closer, I'd jump you in a heartbeat.
No wait, that's not what I meant... ;)
Heck yeah

Lol @ no wait

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #476
Ok, 4th gear turned out to be simple. When I moved the valve body to fix the shift indicator issue, I dislodged the seal that moves fluid to the 4-5-6 clutch pack. All good now

Put the 1500cc injectors in tomorrow and tow to the tuner Wednesday. Can’t wait!

It was nice seeing this bad boy off jack stands for a change - even if this was taken waiting for the flatbed lol

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi! Any initial results from tuning?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #478

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ok, 4th gear turned out to be simple. When I moved the valve body to fix the shift indicator issue, I dislodged the seal that moves fluid to the 4-5-6 clutch pack. All good now

Put the 1500cc injectors in tomorrow and tow to the tuner Wednesday. Can’t wait!

It was nice seeing this bad boy off jack stands for a change - even if this was taken waiting for the flatbed lol
Did you say which converter your running? I would update the first post with the build info for us curious folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #480
Stock ZL1

I guess I could do that

461 - 480 of 494 Posts