Chevy SS Forum banner

441 - 460 of 494 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
That looks good, a bigger tank will do wonders for you. I was told to stick to 2ish gallons if possible at the minimum for a chiller. That gets you a full 1/4 mile pass if the system isn’t actively chilling.

Reactions: Fedge378

·
Registered
338 Posts
That looks good, a bigger tank will do wonders for you. I was told to stick to 2ish gallons if possible at the minimum for a chiller. That gets you a full 1/4 mile pass if the system isn’t actively chilling.
Yes sir, its right at 2 gallons. I have to run the lines like this now: Blower, pump, tank, chiller, blower...hopefully, no issues to be had.

@Fedge378- sorry to thread jack!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #443
Yes sir, its right at 2 gallons. I have to run the lines like this now: Blower, pump, tank, chiller, blower...hopefully, no issues to be had.

@Fedge378- sorry to thread jack!
Ha ha no worries - besides, I like seeing other builds and ideas tossed around, gives me options

·
Registered
226 Posts
@Fedge378 ; you update the “what have you done to your SS” thread more than this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #445
@Fedge378 ; you update the “what have you done to your SS” thread more than this one

Lol true story - updates are coming!!

·
Super Moderator
5,997 Posts

Hey man, he's keeping one of my lame threads relevant. If you scare him off I'll have to merge the threads ;)

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #447
Ok, so this weekend has been pretty productive. Air and correct tools have certainly been a benefit, as in my younger days, this would have been a shitshow lol.

Drivetrain is all done, trans cooler lines, for all you ambitious folks out there, should be installed at the trans before the wiring for the starter (and shield) are in place lol - oh and the compressor!

Heads are on, so I’m taking a break while I’m still enjoying the work and my foot isn’t trying to fall off.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #448

Headers go in really easy

HOWEVER

effing Kooks to Corsa connection pipe doesn’t fit said system. It’s short. I’m displeased. Now I gotta figure something out. I guess I can have it towed to the muffler shop.

·
Registered
136 Posts

Headers go in really easy

HOWEVER

effing Kooks to Corsa connection pipe doesn’t fit said system. It’s short. I’m displeased. Now I gotta figure I'msomething out. I guess I can have it towed to the muffler shop.
How hard was wrapping the headers? Thinking of wrapping mine to cut down on heat.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #450
How hard was wrapping the headers? Thinking of wrapping mine to cut down on heat.
I gave it the old college try and then gave it to a shop after I ran out of talent

Reactions: jcoulter36

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #451
This is how off the exhaust is, by the way...

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #453
Flex seal is the only solution

Anywho, rockers on and torqued, valve covers on and torqued - got that dipstick tube in. So much fun, ugh.

I’ll call the exhaust shop and see if they can get me in by the weekend.

Reactions: wilkin4

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #454
This is how off the exhaust is, by the way...

Me thinks the 2” may be shorter than the 1-7/8”. I can’t see why the connection pipes wouldn’t fit otherwise

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #455

Testing fit with tank and larger inlet

It’s all installed now, torqued and what not. Waiting on injectors. Ordered a new belt. Done for the day. Tomorrow I will install plugs and I guess I’ll work on the cooling.

I should probably add all of the fluids too

Reactions: wilkin4 and good2go

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #457
Nice, can’t wait for the numbers

Thanks, me too!

Sooooo close. Dropped a damn hood nut and can’t find my magnet! Ugh.

Waiting on injectors and the blower belt.

Then off to the muffler shop to fix that issue, then the tuner

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #458

No more parts to install besides injectors

Drag gear

Street gear

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #459
Took matters into my own hands...

Got my trusty Sawzall and a Sharpie...two stainless couplers and made all the adjustments. Now I just gotta get it all welded up, and that problem will be solved

And in other news, I got to pump in 8.5 quarts of trans fluid. Gotta run the car, get the trans up to temp...maybe shift it a few times from park to drive before it’ll take the rest.

·
Registered
338 Posts
So much awesome here...😬

441 - 460 of 494 Posts