Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the Type S is coming back. Info is still sparse, other than 3.0 V6 turbo. Should hopefully make close to 400hp since the 2.0 Turbo 4 is making 272. Doubtful on a manual of course. While I won't preorder one, I'll be very curious to see how these drive, perform, sound and feel.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I like Honda and Acura products overall, but I still can't get behind the Acura "beak" on the front grill. That downward point has ruined every Acura with the exception of the new NSX. Same goes for this car. The rest of the car looks sharp, but that stupid beak ruins the car so much for me. Now that I ponder on this more, I think it's the beak combined with the angular pentagonal grill shape. Mazda has a slight point to the bottom of their grills, but with the rounded sides, it doesn't bother me at all...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I like Honda and Acura products overall, but I still can't get behind the Acura "beak" on the front grill. That downward point has ruined every Acura with the exception of the new NSX. Same goes for this car. The rest of the car looks sharp, but that stupid beak ruins the car so much for me. Now that I ponder on this more, I think it's the beak combined with the angular pentagonal grill shape. Mazda has a slight point to the bottom of their grills, but with the rounded sides, it doesn't bother me at all...
I think the new beaks look ok. But that chrome abomination they went with for the better part of 10 years was hideous.

Reactions: wilkin4

·
Registered
64 Posts
I feel this way about Alfa Romeo.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
we’re not in any position to knock other models for too much chrome, are we?
Hah, point taken although at least from the front it doesn't just blast you in the face. I think I don't notice all our chrome as much being a white car, but if it were blue or black I would probably get it coated.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
I don't think they are keeping the chrome beaks on their next refreshes.

They don't age that well in my opinion with that design cue.

But they do look nice.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They don't age that well in my opinion with that design cue.
I think thats a big thing for me. When I look at my 2015 it really dosen't look old at all. Compare it to a 2014 SRT8 and hoo boy

·
Registered
192 Posts
I haven’t liked the front end of Acura for years. That changed with the new RDX. I like that vehicle. It seems to be the design going forward thankfully. It has a very similar design outside and more so inside to the RDX. I like where Acura is heading personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

So 355hp/354tq from a turbo v6 with sh-awd. there's a video in the link too

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Man as sexy as that looks I’m not into the turbo v6 sound. I’d rather get a ppv/g8/ss again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts