Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone lese out there had there CAGS just quit? I never got around to trying to disable the CAGS on my 6-speed SS, I just got in the habit of shifting early or late, depending on my mood. Now it seems like it just quit and went home. No info notification, no blocking first-to-second gear shifts, just sweet freedom.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
That is a day I would celebrate! CAGS and Stop/Start (yeah, I know the SS doesn't have this feature) are creations that should be purged from humanity!

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
It does that on my G8 GXP and my 16 SS as well

Comes and goes. I don't miss it, and saved me $20 from the inline plug i have had for 11 years for the G8. It is in a drawer somewhere

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Shshsh... don't tell anyone. Before we know it we may have a mandatory recall of all cars for emissions or something to fix amd seal CAGS and any CAGS defeat attempt designated a federal felony.

Reactions: Taze

·
Registered
2015 Chevrolet SS
53 Posts
Yep. I have a thread on here talking about it, but I was sure my car had a tune on it because it has NEVER engaged. Turns out it is totally stock (verified by dealer), but it has NEVER ever kicked in the whole time I've owned it. Kinda weird, but not complaining.

Mike

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Has anyone lese out there had there CAGS just quit? I never got around to trying to disable the CAGS on my 6-speed SS, I just got in the habit of shifting early or late, depending on my mood. Now it seems like it just quit and went home. No info notification, no blocking first-to-second gear shifts, just sweet freedom.
Probably just came unplugged/disconnected. That's all the defeat plug does anyways.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Probably just came unplugged/disconnected. That's all the defeat plug does anyways.
Oh man, what's the beef all about? Now you went and popped his balloon and let all the air out. Poor guy won't come back again now. (LOL). B.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts