Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the part number for the plastic piece that holds the Sunroof Console to the car’s interior roof??
This is the console that houses the sunroof controls and the front cabin lights.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

second diagram photo on right
Thanx Kevin0311!
I've seen those diagrams. Unless I am mistaken the part I am looking for is what appears to be black plastic piece that the overhead console snaps/clips into. The black plastic piece is attached to the roof's support spar with screws. While changing the console light bulbs the black plastic piece cracked. The part I am looking for is the part that holds the overhead console to the roof.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Photo? The whole assembly looks to clip on back side and probably pushes in other into the headliner, i have not had one apart yet so not quite understanding “black” piece. Under body choose roof and shows cross bar pieces, you would have to remove headliner to install if thats what you need

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

Has anyone figured this out? This same thing happened to me. I have a 2017 SS w/ Sunroof. There is a black bracket attached to the roof panel, that holds up the overhead control panel w/ dome lights. The black bracket has hairline fractures. I can see the part number for the overhead control panel online, but there is no part number provided for the mounting bracket that I can find.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

Has anyone figured this out? This same thing happened to me. I have a 2017 SS w/ Sunroof. There is a black bracket attached to the roof panel, that holds up the overhead control panel w/ dome lights. The black bracket has hairline fractures. I can see the part number for the overhead control panel online, but there is no part number provided for the mounting bracket that I can find.

I found an answer. Big thanks to Jason Penrod @ GMPartsDirect.com for the research: looks like the answer is to buy a full headliner kit (92509740) and it includes headliner, new overhead panel and bracket. There's no way to buy the mounting bracket separately for a sunroof car. The only problem is that it's way more $$ than just buying one part.

Here's his response:

92509740 titanium headlining trim panel is correct for your vehicle per the VIN supplied is shown as number 1 and includes numbers 2-13 and 18-22 in the licensed GM parts catalog 1E14-101.

Slope Rectangle Font Parallel Auto part

1 - 6 of 6 Posts