Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For Sale: 2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT, NGM
Options: Sunroof, Inflator
Mileage: ~77,300 miles (currently adding a few hundred miles per month)
Price: $33K

Mods:
  • Full Holden rebadge, including airbag, taillights and trunk tray (radio is still branded Chevrolet)
  • Blackout trim (except upper grille surround)
  • Matte black 6.2 Litre hood decal
  • Rotofab CAI
  • Corvette rocker covers
  • Skip Shift Eliminator
  • Paint correction and ceramic coating done by Detail Peoria in March 2019
  • Rohana RC9 19x9.5 wheels (square setup)
  • Michelin Sport Pilot A/S-3+ tires installed January 2020 (approx. 6K miles on them to date)
  • Modern Spare
  • Powerstop Z23 brake pads on front wheels (balancing tabs removed for clearance with Modern Spare)
  • ZL1 Lift Points
  • All-weather floor mats
Maintenance:
  • Other than initial two dealer oil changes, have always run Mobil 1 full synthetic, changed per oil minder
  • Alignment done in March 2020 to track specs in owners manual
  • Transmission and differential oil serviced with Mobil 1 lubes by Green Chevrolet in Peoria, IL in March 2020
  • MAF replaced in November 2020
History and Condition:
  • Purchased new from ELCO Chevrolet in Baldwin, MO (St. Louis area) with 9 miles on odometer.
  • Garaged up until we moved in May, 2020.
  • This was my daily driver until I retired in early 2020. Driven year-round, including in snow (I ran Michelin X-Ice tires on PPV wheels, already sold those). I ran it through a touchless wash with undercarriage blast as often as weather permitted during the Winter.
  • Numerous road trips (26 US States as well as into Canada), we put over 50K on it in its first two years.
  • No recalls, previous or pending.
  • Non-smoker. Food was consumed in the car on occasion.
  • Participated in two autocross events, mostly for fun - I am not a competitive driver. No burnouts. Lifetime average 19 MPG, so not a lot of ‘hard’ driving!
  • Stone chip in windshield (not in line-of-sight), professionally repaired. I chose to not replace the windshield because of past experiences with wavy glass and leaks on other vehicles.
  • There are a few paint chips (not down to bare metal) and door dings (minor). Typical wear-and-tear one would expect on a DD with over 75K miles.
  • Scraped up against a light post on driver’s side rear quarter panel in September 2019. Professionally repaired by Green Chevrolet in Peoria IL (they were able to pop the panel back out and used minimal filler).
  • No wheel curb rash.
  • Shift knob plating is peeling - a replacement knob is included (see below).
  • Own outright, clear title.
Included in Sale:
  • All original purchase documents (window sticker, etc.).
  • Full set of shop manuals (paper!) for 2016 MY.
  • All take-off parts from rebadging (except original wheels, which I sold already).
  • King Springs “Super Low” SL lowering springs (never installed).
  • Roof Racks (never installed).
  • Camaro SS/ZL1 shift knob (never installed).
  • (note: some of these items are buried in my garage - I will dig them out at the time of purchase)
I have had a blast owning and driving the car, and will definitely miss it! Having retired and moved to be closer to our grandkids, I’m finding that I simply don’t drive the car enough to truly enjoy it, and have also determined that we need to reduce our auto expenses to better align with my retirement income. Unfortunately for the SS, I need to keep my truck!

This is a car that’s been driven and loved - it’s definitely not a garage queen, but still presents well and has many miles of enjoyment left in it. It’s priced at what I believe is an appropriate point for a 6MT in its mileage and condition plus extras. Happy to coordinate with your shipper of choice or pick you up at a convenient airport if you want to purchase and drive it home.

Also happy to add detail photos by request (there may be a short delay depending on weather at the time of a request).

Thanks!

Ed

As new.

Driving home after taking delivery.

Pics taken September 2020 after a full detail. No change in condition other than it needs another detail!

Corvette rocker covers (added before I installed the Rotofab CAI).

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
391 Posts
I think you're lowballing yourself, but I guess I'm biased!

Reactions: good2go

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed. Unless you're in a hurry, I'd start at $35k.

I love the cars that are actually driven and used!
Well, how 'bout this: if I get an interested party in the next few days to a week, they'll get my initial asking price. If not, I'll bump it up to $35K. 😀

es

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just popping in to say GLWS, and thanks for your undersea service. (y)

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just popping in to say GLWS, and thanks for your undersea service. (y)
The thanks goes to my Dad, who passed in 2018. Served during the Korean Conflict. Qualified on the Congor, then did a stint on the SSR-312 Burrfish, a radar picket boat. Tennessee doesn't require front plates, but Illinois did, so I already had the front plate mount on the car. Thought I'd honor Dad with the 'dolphins' plate he had on his truck.

es

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet SS; RH2, 6M, Sunroof, Full-size spare, #53 of 58 built in 2017
703 Posts
I was born and raised in Peoria and have lived in the area 47 of my 52 years on earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stembridge

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just popped in to say GLWS.

I've seen your user name pop up in so many different threads, it's sad to see original owners selling. But also good to see that the car was driven by a good owner!

Reactions: stembridge

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Almost bought wife same color TourX as you this past summer. Buick dealer low balled me on 2012 CRZ manual trade. Got 2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid AWD instead. Automatic High Beams and EV mode when searching for Top Tier gas between Sweetwater and Abilene only features that came in handy on Appliance during 18-hour journey to Athens, GA from old oilfield bunk last month.

Still have that Cosworth Vega?

GLWS @stembridge Will miss your excellent Photography and Dick Tracy Avatar...

Reactions: wilkin4

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Almost bought wife same color TourX as you this past summer. … during 18-hour journey to Athens, GA from old oilfield bunk last month.

Still have that Cosworth Vega?

GLWS @stembridge Will miss your excellent Photography and Dick Tracy Avatar...
We love the TourX (which of course was briefly the ZB Commodore in Oz). It will be our road trip car in the future.

Sold the Cossie in late 2019 after 1.5 years, knowing retirement and significant downsizing was coming up. It was a hoot of a car, and I'm glad I owned one, even only briefly. I still have the two VWs in the pic, which are retirement projects.

I lived in Athens when I was a kid (middle and high school). My brother went to UGA and took photos for the Rude and the Bleak campus paper of this new band named after a high altitude bomber. 😀

es

·
Registered
1 Posts
For Sale: 2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT, NGM
Options: Sunroof, Inflator
Mileage: ~77,300 miles (currently adding a few hundred miles per month)
Price: $33K

Mods:
  • Full Holden rebadge, including airbag, taillights and trunk tray (radio is still branded Chevrolet)
  • Blackout trim (except upper grille surround)
  • Matte black 6.2 Litre hood decal
  • Rotofab CAI
  • Corvette rocker covers
  • Skip Shift Eliminator
  • Paint correction and ceramic coating done by Detail Peoria in March 2019
  • Rohana RC9 19x9.5 wheels (square setup)
  • Michelin Sport Pilot A/S-3+ tires installed January 2020 (approx. 6K miles on them to date)
  • Modern Spare
  • Powerstop Z23 brake pads on front wheels (balancing tabs removed for clearance with Modern Spare)
  • ZL1 Lift Points
  • All-weather floor mats
Maintenance:
  • Other than initial two dealer oil changes, have always run Mobil 1 full synthetic, changed per oil minder
  • Alignment done in March 2020 to track specs in owners manual
  • Transmission and differential oil serviced with Mobil 1 lubes by Green Chevrolet in Peoria, IL in March 2020
  • MAF replaced in November 2020
History and Condition:
  • Purchased new from ELCO Chevrolet in Baldwin, MO (St. Louis area) with 9 miles on odometer.
  • Garaged up until we moved in May, 2020.
  • This was my daily driver until I retired in early 2020. Driven year-round, including in snow (I ran Michelin X-Ice tires on PPV wheels, already sold those). I ran it through a touchless wash with undercarriage blast as often as weather permitted during the Winter.
  • Numerous road trips (26 US States as well as into Canada), we put over 50K on it in its first two years.
  • No recalls, previous or pending.
  • Non-smoker. Food was consumed in the car on occasion.
  • Participated in two autocross events, mostly for fun - I am not a competitive driver. No burnouts. Lifetime average 19 MPG, so not a lot of ‘hard’ driving!
  • Stone chip in windshield (not in line-of-sight), professionally repaired. I chose to not replace the windshield because of past experiences with wavy glass and leaks on other vehicles.
  • There are a few paint chips (not down to bare metal) and door dings (minor). Typical wear-and-tear one would expect on a DD with over 75K miles.
  • Scraped up against a light post on driver’s side rear quarter panel in September 2019. Professionally repaired by Green Chevrolet in Peoria IL (they were able to pop the panel back out and used minimal filler).
  • No wheel curb rash.
  • Shift knob plating is peeling - a replacement knob is included (see below).
  • Own outright, clear title.
Included in Sale:
  • All original purchase documents (window sticker, etc.).
  • Full set of shop manuals (paper!) for 2016 MY.
  • All take-off parts from rebadging (except original wheels, which I sold already).
  • King Springs “Super Low” SL lowering springs (never installed).
  • Roof Racks (never installed).
  • Camaro SS/ZL1 shift knob (never installed).
  • (note: some of these items are buried in my garage - I will dig them out at the time of purchase)
I have had a blast owning and driving the car, and will definitely miss it! Having retired and moved to be closer to our grandkids, I’m finding that I simply don’t drive the car enough to truly enjoy it, and have also determined that we need to reduce our auto expenses to better align with my retirement income. Unfortunately for the SS, I need to keep my truck!

This is a car that’s been driven and loved - it’s definitely not a garage queen, but still presents well and has many miles of enjoyment left in it. It’s priced at what I believe is an appropriate point for a 6MT in its mileage and condition plus extras. Happy to coordinate with your shipper of choice or pick you up at a convenient airport if you want to purchase and drive it home.

Also happy to add detail photos by request (there may be a short delay depending on weather at the time of a request).

Thanks!

Ed

As new.

Driving home after taking delivery.

Pics taken September 2020 after a full detail. No change in condition other than it needs another detail!

Corvette rocker covers (added before I installed the Rotofab CAI).

Thanks for looking!
Is this still available?

·
Super Moderator
6,557 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Logan519 . @stembridge is a straight shooter and good guy, you could do much worse when it comes to sellers to deal with. Good Luck!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, my potential sale fell through literally at the last moment, so the car is still available.

es

Reactions: itlylawboy
1 - 20 of 20 Posts