Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealership closed to me have 2017 ss black with manual transmission.
It has 5000 miles.
They are asking $46000.
When I offered them $42000, they pretty much laughed at my face.
I though that was way over priced.
What's every's thought on pricing?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Our dealed them new(MT's) for $60,000...so, at a Chevy dealer, that's about right.

I tell 'ya what,...don'y buy it and see what happens.

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
It has 5000 miles.
They are asking $46000.
i'm still stuck on .. .. fool-again !

·
Registered
75 Posts
NADA clean trade is $38,650.

Retail value is $41,275.

If they bought it at auction maybe they own it for $43-$44K. If it was a trade in I would hope they got it for under $40K.

How long has it been on the lot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NADA clean trade is $38,650.

Retail value is $41,275.

If they bought it at auction maybe they own it for $43-$44K. If it was a trade in I would hope they got it for under $40K.

How long has it been on the lot?

According to dealership, owner traded in for Hellcat.

It's on the lot for week.

·
Registered
75 Posts
According to dealership, owner traded in for Hellcat.

It's on the lot for week.

If it’s clean and you really want it, buy it. A couple grand over your target price may be worth it in the long run. A 2017 MT with under 10K miles def holds a premium.

OR wait 30-60 days and watch the price drop. I don’t think that unit will move fast at $46K.

Share the link to the dealership website if you wouldn’t mind.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Doubt they paid over 40k for the trade and also highly doubt they're going to get 46k for a black SS 5k miles or not, manual transmission or not.

They could have took your 2K and made a profit in a week instead they're being greedy which might pay off for them but most likely not in my opinion unless the perfect buyer comes along. Yeah, we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It has 5000 miles.
They are asking $46000.
For whatever it's worth.. I just bought a Regal Peacock Metallic 2017 with 3,300 miles..... Automatic, No Sunroof, with a full sized spare. Dealer wanted $43.9k... I got it for $40k. It had been sitting in their showroom for 6 months.

This option combo is only 1 of 7 ever built. I think I got it for a steal.

//Brew

·
Registered
479 Posts
Time spent on the lot is the key here. Obviously if they've had it for a week they're going to try for top dollar. Nothing new here, folks.

$42,000 was fair, and they would have probably taken it, or less, had they been sitting on it for 45+ days.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It has 5000 miles.
They are asking $46000.
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d2217&distance=50000&zip=32765&maxMileage=30000&utm_term=2019-07-12&utm_campaign=1-1&utm_medium=email&utm_source=dealfinderSubscription&utm_content=listingSampleListingsViewDetailsCTA#listing=246204092

Looks like a deal...and no dealer fees!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a ‘16 PBM MT with 8.3k miles for $43.5 so this doesn’t seem too far off. I know someone will buy it soon though. If it’s close to you, that’s value too. They are popping up less and you may not find another close by.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Keep looking or bump your offer.

I think it is a touch high @ 46k - but it is a dealership after all is said and done.

·
Registered
427 Posts
You could play their game if you don't care that much and wanna have some fun.

The next time you go in ask to meet with the sales manager. Tell him you already offered $42K, but next week your offer will be $41K, then drop to $40K the week after that, etc. Watch him squirm. Tell him he has 24 hours before your offer expires. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Why not have fun with it? :)

·
Premium Member
13,256 Posts
You could play their game if you don't care that much and wanna have some fun.

The next time you go in ask to meet with the sales manager. Tell him you already offered $42K, but next week your offer will be $41K, then drop to $40K the week after that, etc. Watch him squirm. Tell him he has 24 hours before your offer expires. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Why not have fun with it? :)
That type of greed driven mangler won't squirm.

He will street you in no uncertain terms.

·
Registered
388 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Most of the time buyers has the leverage, because you can drive to the next dealership or online shopping. In your case it's a gamble of playing hardball. The car could be there in 45 days for a great deal or sell for $44k to someone else in 25 days. If your finances can handle it, and if that particular SS is calling you by name only you know the answer. Don't let us yell out stuff like they do on the Price Is Right game show to choose. At the end of the day the price is a little on the high side, but like someone else here said talk to the manager, but without hardball tactics. Just let he or she know you're a serious buyer. Keep us posted...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had similar experience to Fooligan very recently. I offered 3k or so under asking for 2017 low mileage cars in the 41 to 46 range about 6 times and no dealer accepted. Even offering 44 on a 46k car I really liked was told they would just keep it for a collection or something like that. It seemed like they were looking to get within a thousand or so of asking or they would hold it for awhile and then drop price and many of the listings out there were also already sold. Eventually I found a 17 that was not low miles and with non stock exhaust but got it in the 36s with almost no fees then spent about 800 in shipping. The offerings change constantly so you'll find one eventually.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts