Chevy SS Forum banner

141 - 160 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine is 6 yrs/125,000 miles with a $100 deductible that goes away if I take it to the dealer I bought it from. (Car had 17K when I bought it last week.)

It's not through GM though.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
So what???

I have know Alan for years and he is a rare honorable man. His father opened the store in 1955. He was the first online GMPP, now GMEPP seller. He sells thousands a year.

He price checks all the other "online discounters" once a week and is ALWAYS at least $100 less than any legit price you can come up with.

I as well as many other members have bought from him and are glad we did.

So please don't imply anything negative about him.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just shopped around for quotes for my '16 with 23k miles. I was told by more than one salesperson that there is a significant increase after 24k miles on the odometer.

Menholt Chevrolet - 5 yr/50k mile plan $0 ded., $1720

James E. Black - 5 yr/50k mile plan, $0 ded., $1820

Bell Chevrolet Cadillac - 5 yr/50k mile plan, $0 ded. $1720

So looks like James E. Black for me was actually $100 more than the competitors.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
I just shopped around for quotes for my '16 with 23k miles. I was told by more than one salesperson that there is a significant increase after 24k miles on the odometer.

Menholt Chevrolet - 5 yr/50k mile plan $0 ded., $1720

James E. Black - 5 yr/50k mile plan, $0 ded., $1820

Bell Chevrolet Cadillac - 5 yr/50k mile plan, $0 ded. $1720

So looks like James E. Black for me was actually $100 more than the competitors.
Very surprising.

1- If you got the quotes at the very end of the month the low dealers could be attempting to get volume to meet stairstep incentives.

2- CC fees from others?; Alan no.

3- Alan will match/beat other prices.

4- Watch out for sales tax.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Update on current GMEPP pricing

FYI, for anyone thinking about an extended warranty. I just purchased a GMEPP Platinum plan with zero deductible and 72/60000 from Dennis Fichtner at Denny Menholt Chevrolet, [email protected], 406-698-6355. I paid $1430 and I currently have 10400 miles on my 2016 SS purchased in OCT 2016.

The price reflects a discount of $350 that is being offered on all plans through June. Not having a lot of time to spend on this, I only received quotes from 2 other sellers and Dennis beat the next lowest price by $100. Just saying.

Happy shopping!

·
Registered
56 Posts
FYI, for anyone thinking about an extended warranty. I just purchased a GMEPP Platinum plan with zero deductible and 72/60000 from Dennis Fichtner at Denny Menholt Chevrolet, [email protected], 406-698-6355. I paid $1430 and I currently have 10400 miles on my 2016 SS purchased in OCT 2016.

The price reflects a discount of $350 that is being offered on all plans through June. Not having a lot of time to spend on this, I only received quotes from 2 other sellers and Dennis beat the next lowest price by $100. Just saying.

Happy shopping!
I also got a quote on my 14 with 45k miles. For a 72/60000 it would run me 3,300. This is probably due to my older car with more miles. I still have 9 months left on my CPO and
up in the air if I want the GMEPP.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
10 years, 120+k miles, GMEPP $3,600
Thoughts?????
You had better verify that it is A GMEPP .... you will find it is not if the warranty term is adding 10/120 to today's date and mileage..

Now if what you buy extends it to 10/120 from in service date .... MAYBE a GMEPP.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
I have my GMEPP paperwork.
It's a 7 year /100k warranty.
Covers me Bumper to Bumper, $0 deductible, 10 year/120k from my In-Service date.
$3,600

Thoughts? Opinions? I believe I have 60 days to cancel.
Well you bought it at the last possible moment at 3 years minus a day and 20K on her clock.

This is the longest you can get from GM but it comes at a high price. If you keep it to term you should come out OK.

If you cancel it you cannot buy any GMEPP plan at a later date as long as you own the vehicle. A new owner can however.

If you sell the vehicle it is transferrable only if the paperwork is not done at a dealer ... IE private sale. If you trade it in or run the private sale paperwork thru a dealer it is not transferrable.

KEEP IT. if you cancel you are SOL except for aftermarket which is not recommended.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Looking at options for extended warranty on my 2016 with 22k miles.

Is Ally Auto Premier Protection same as GMEPP? Dealership saying ALLY bought out GM warranties??

Also on ALLY contract reading what’s not covered “ shock absorbers “

Dealership has been excellent regarding all service / warranty issues here. Just having issues now trying to sort everything out. ........ugh

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Looking at options for extended warranty on my 2016 with 22k miles.

Is Ally Auto Premier Protection same as GMEPP? Dealership saying ALLY bought out GM warranties??

Also on ALLY contract reading what’s not covered “ shock absorbers “

Dealership has been excellent regarding all service / warranty issues here. Just having issues now trying to sort everything out. ........ugh

NO !!

Ally is the backer of the older GMPP (MajorGuard) plan, and are no longer licensed by GM to use the GM name for their EXT warranty so their name now shows as the backer (i.e. there was no "buyout" per se).

The only plan backed by GM currently is the GMEPP coverage. It is clearly superior to the old Ally plan, which as you noted, does not cover shock absorbers. The current GMEPP Platinum plan does cover magride suspension, both front and rear.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Anyone do business with KNAPP Chevy/ Buick, Blissfield Michigan ?

They quoted me a GMEPP platinum policy over the phone

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
Anyone do business with KNAPP Chevy/ Buick, Blissfield Michigan ?

They quoted me a GMEPP platinum policy over the phone
Knapp is the sister store of Gregg Bell Chevrolet. I bought previous Ally GMPP's from Bell. I bought my GMEPP for the '17 "from" Knapp even though I dealt with Gary Lundy at Bell.

The explanation:

... to get the maximum volume backend boni all GMPP's (Ally) are sold by Gregg Bell. All GMEEP's (GM) are sold by Knapp. This is legit.

I price matched the lowest quote I got and bought out of state because sales tax.

Don't forget to sign up for GM Rewards to get the points before you buy. Make sure you give the seller the exact same info that you used for GM Rewards so you get the points for buying a GMEPP.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Knapp is the sister store of Gregg Bell Chevrolet. I bought previous Ally GMPP's from Bell. I bought my GMEPP for the '17 "from" Knapp even though I dealt with Gary Lundy at Bell.

The explanation:

... to get the maximum volume backend boni all GMPP's (Ally) are sold by Gregg Bell. All GMEEP's (GM) are sold by Knapp. This is legit.

I price matched the lowest quote I got and bought out of state because sales tax.

Don't forget to sign up for GM Rewards to get the points before you buy. Make sure you give the seller the exact same info that you used for GM Rewards so you get the points for buying a GMEPP.

Didn’t see this post before closing today, bought from Knapp.... 4yr/40k miles. Easy to deal with over the phone, Adam was sales person who sent email right away to answer questions before I purchased the GMEPP plan.

https://www.knappvehicleservicecontracts.com/protection-plans/platinum

·
Registered
74 Posts
This is a great thread. I'm at 2 year mark and have 22K miles on my 2017 SS. I've received quotes from Knapp, Fichtner and James Black. All are pretty close to each other.

I'm trying to decide on
Platinum with $100 deductible
5/60K or 6/75K

$1673 vs $2234 so $561 for the extra year of coverage. The 5 year gets me to around 82K miles or 6 year to 97K. Guess if something serious were to happen like magride it'd probably be before the 82K mark so leaning toward saving the $561 and go with 5/60K. Decisions, decisions.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
Always go with the longest highest mileage. If you sell privately it will add lots of value and saleability. It cannot be transferred if sold/traded thru any car dealer though.

Refundable if cancelled prorated time/mileage whichever is in their favor.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Always go with the longest highest mileage. If you sell privately it will add lots of value and saleability. It cannot be transferred if sold/traded thru any car dealer though.

Refundable if cancelled prorated time/mileage whichever is in their favor.
Good points there on going with the longer one. I'm planning on keeping this car for the long haul but worse case would help should need to let go occur.

·
Registered
74 Posts
2019 almost over and higher prices coming so ended up going with 72/75k/$100 thru Dennis Fichtner. Super easy guy to work with and gave me the best deal. I’ll be covered up to about 100k miles

141 - 160 of 165 Posts