Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a set of 2016 Camaro SS wheels from a friend last week. I couldn't find many good pics of them on the SS sedan and was concerned that they might look strange with the very aggressive offset in the front but I actually like them a lot. Tires are Continental DWS 245/35/20 front and 273/30/20 rear. Car is stock height and there is no rubbing at all.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wow, i like those on there.... a lot! i am still partial to getting a set of 16/17 SS wheels and going with the "black chrome" finish but these are now a possible contender...

tiny tires scare me though! haha

·
Registered
179 Posts
Looks really good...I'd consider myself if it weren't for them being 20's. PA roads can get nasty, and since they have been cutting up all the streets in Hanover, it's patchwork city right now.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Look pretty slick. I worry about the weight though, how heavy?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just brought a set of those same wheels home from being powder coated. They had a little bit of road rash, but you can't see it at all after the powder coating.

Did you use any spacers?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
That looks really good. Great choice.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That thing is screaming to be lowered....
If you know of a way which doesn't effect the MRC please let me know. The general advice I seem to have gathered on this forum is if you want to lower an SS don't buy one with MRC. Am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
If you know of a way which doesn't effect the MRC please let me know. The general advice I seem to have gathered on this forum is if you want to lower an SS don't buy one with MRC. Am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Get springs instead of coilovers

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts

Many of us have lowered our MRC cars and very pleased with the results. The MRC works pretty well with the 1.2 / 1.3" drop.

He'll have to roll fender lips if he lowers the car though.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'd of considered 20's for the SS too if it wasn't for the rubber band thin 30 series tires you need to put on them in order to keep the O.D. the same as stock.
They definitely look good on the SS though. I think they'd look even sweeter in a hyper black or gun metal.

If a company made them in a 19" Flow Formed version with offsets that put the fronts and rears out about 1/2 inch it would be a hot seller I imagine.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Wheels look good.

The thing I worry about with lowering is ground clearance. I've already scraped my front end a few times at stock height and I'm pretty careful.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, here you go....lowered. :wink
Thanks for the photoshop. This is honestly the first car I have owned that I didn't immediately want to lower. I will probably end up dropping it some with a set of King springs.

Now that you've had these wheels/tires on for a bit, have you noticed any rubbing, yet? Are you still happy with them?

I'm still digging the look!
No rubbing at all but I don't drive it very much and never have anyone in the back seat. I still think it won't have any issues at stock height but may rub once lowered.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Those Camaro rims suit the SS perfectly, they're very different from what we have available here.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts