Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
The missing part has arrived.

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
A year and a half...You have patience that I don't have...Kudos to you.

Greg

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
The original project was to just add turbos. I did that blew it up on the track at LSXfest 2016. Then dealt with vendor and shops jerking me around for months. I set up my own plan again. Found a awesome shop to help me make my plan come true. This engine is 100% new. The turbo kit I built going back on. We will see how much power this thing can take. I want to be able to drive it with ac on and then go to he drag strip and rip off some passes. And drive it home.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Circle D Stage 3 258mm 1B

·
Banned
55 Posts
The original project was to just add turbos. I did that blew it up on the track at LSXfest 2016. Then dealt with vendor and shops jerking me around for months. I set up my own plan again. Found a awesome shop to help me make my plan come true. This engine is 100% new. The turbo kit I built going back on. We will see how much power this thing can take. I want to be able to drive it with ac on and then go to he drag strip and rip off some passes. And drive it home.
What tire will you run in the rear for that?

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Nitto NT05R DRAG Radials P285/40R18

Although I’m thinking of changing that up. That’s what I ran with your combination.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Had some set backs with the engine. Got them all fixed. The cars running without the turbo set up to break in the motor. Had to put the stock exhaust on. It sounds really good for a boost cam at idle. The car is got a lot more power. I need to 1000 miles for break in. So I drive it all the time. Will send a sound clip soon.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
That Circle D converter make a huge difference. So far it’s wprth every penny.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Thanks. Put 600 miles on the motor. The machine shop wants me to put a 1000 on it. Then the turbos go back on. The cam sounds nice. The cam and heads really make a difference.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Engines broken in. It’s currently getting all the new cold side piping done. Should have all that wrapped up by the beginning of the year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks like a good turbo build in the works. I like how it's a bottom mounted setup to help with heat issues. I'm a turbo guy myself on my project car. Looking at your wastegate lines, you don't have a boost controller to leverage boost by speed or boost by gear. Besides tires and throttle control, how do you plan on dealing with traction issues? Also, do you have any pics of the exhaust manifolds?

61 - 80 of 106 Posts