Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months or R and D. Countless hours of blood sweat and $$$. It's almost done. Alittle tuning left and we will be good.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks great! Reminds me of a G8 kit I've seen. It was a tight fit all over but the wastegates lighting up the pavement during burnouts made it all worth it!

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I contacted any an ever turbo kit manufacturer in the USA. this ones all me. Lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think I contacted any an ever turbo kit manufacturer in the USA. this ones all me. Lol
Very nice. It's helpful when you can at least poach the hot side from another vehicle kit (can't remember what company makes the G8 setup) but sometimes making your own is the only way forward.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Looks awesome!

Just curious if you tried contacting STS turbo?

I'd think a rear mount turbo kit would be an easy place to start. My brother had one on his LS2 06 Trailblazer SS. Ran a 12.6 1/4 in hot and humid weather on the stock 20" wheels/tires on 7.5 lbs of boost.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes they are comp oilless turbos. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Yeah STS is gone.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Mmmm turboooooo

·
Registered
241 Posts
I had a sts kit on my gto. If you still running the maf and not a speed desinity setup you'll have issues is the rain. A bit of water will hit the maf wire and freak it out. That being said I fab'd a shield around my filter and still would get some in it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Rear mount turbos on this car are hard NOT to think about. There's so much space with the rear mufflers removed. I think the toughest thing here is routing the charge air piping back up to front bumper for a FMIC. There's hardly room for exhaust tubing let along return charge air.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I heard STS went under?
Hmm... looks like they did and the original owner bought it back and is restarting the company.

Either way, I think a rear mount setup could be pretty awesome.

Then while searching I got lost in $499 ebay turbo kit world lol.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The routing of he pipes is very hard.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I'm in for turbo awesomeness!

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I haven't dynoed it. I had some issues with the couplings blowing off. Lol. It's fast though. Stay tuned for dyno and ets.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 106 Posts