Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I didn't think our Nav system was all that much different from the Impala or other GM standard fare? GM does not list the SS as one of the available vehicles for the new 2015 map update.

$160

GM | Home | HERE
GM - Next Generation Infotainment System Map Update - V.2015

Part number 23496379

Buick LaCrosse 2014
Buick Regal 2014
Cadillac ATS 2013 - 2014
Cadillac CTS 2014
Cadillac Escalade 2014
Cadillac SRX 2013 - 2014
Cadillac XTS 2013 - 2014
Chevrolet Corvette 2014
Chevrolet Impala 2014
Chevrolet Silverado 2014* (*Vehicles with MyLink systems only)
GMC Sierra 2014* (*Vehicles with IntelliLink systems only)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Thats for HMI based systems you still have the old silver box based units which there is no update for yet.

Reactions: KenzSS

·
Registered
857 Posts
Thats for HMI based systems you still have the old silver box based units which there is no update for yet.
Speaking of that, on the HMI based system, how hard is it to "add" navigation if its possible at all?

i have a 2014 silverado that has the mylink but no nav

·
Registered
538 Posts
Speaking of that, on the HMI based system, how hard is it to "add" navigation if its possible at all?

i have a 2014 silverado that has the mylink but no nav

Very possible and remarkably simple, I actually have an HMI that will facilitate that if you'd like.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I rented a Traverse last week and the rear camera had the colored lines and it moved as you turned the wheel - it's really nice and useful to have that... any chance that's coming to the SS? Customer Care?

·
Registered
538 Posts
I rented a Traverse last week and the rear camera had the colored lines and it moved as you turned the wheel - it's really nice and useful to have that... any chance that's coming to the SS? Customer Care?

Our custom radio programming offers that.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I didn't think our Nav system was all that much different from the Impala or other GM standard fare? GM does not list the SS as one of the available vehicles for the new 2015 map update.

$160

GM | Home | HERE
GM - Next Generation Infotainment System Map Update - V.2015

Part number 23496379

Buick LaCrosse 2014
Buick Regal 2014
Cadillac ATS 2013 - 2014
Cadillac CTS 2014
Cadillac Escalade 2014
Cadillac SRX 2013 - 2014
Cadillac XTS 2013 - 2014
Chevrolet Corvette 2014
Chevrolet Impala 2014
Chevrolet Silverado 2014* (*Vehicles with MyLink systems only)
GMC Sierra 2014* (*Vehicles with IntelliLink systems only)
All the vehicles you listed above are different from our system. Yes we have the 8" Screen size, but the MyLink in our cars is the Same as the Equinox, Malibu, Terrain, Camaro, Volt etc. which all have the 7" MyLink systems.

·
Registered
823 Posts
All the vehicles you listed above are different from our system. Yes we have the 8" Screen size, but the MyLink in our cars is the Same as the Equinox, Malibu, Terrain, Camaro, Volt etc. which all have the 7" MyLink systems.
With that many cars sharing our system I would expect an update eventually.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I asked my dealer about a software update for my '14 SS because I wanted the lines on the back up camera. He stated that there wasn't one in the US yet, but in Australia they offer it for $150. So, Holden owners can take their 2014's into the dealer and pay $150 to get the latest software including the back up camera lines and map data. Dear GM, please bring this service to the US! I would gladly pay $150 for back lines and updated map data.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I asked my dealer about a software update for my '14 SS because I wanted the lines on the back up camera. He stated that there wasn't one in the US yet, but in Australia they offer it for $150. So, Holden owners can take their 2014's into the dealer and pay $150 to get the latest software including the back up camera lines and map data. Dear GM, please bring this service to the US! I would gladly pay $150 for back lines and updated map data.

Different hardware in Australia, their units in addition to a different processor also play dvd. It's already available here for less than $150.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Bwahhahhaahah just a little bit? :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
So who is going to be first to get an Aussi unit and have Chris put the US file and maps on it?
:)
-Greg

·
Registered
538 Posts
So who is going to be first to get an Aussi unit and have Chris put the US file and maps on it?
:)
-Greg
Oh God not another project...

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
LOL you brought up the DVD, and I'm sure that sparked some light bulbs
:duel:
I'd rather adapt a North American version to work vs going the other way LOL