Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FIANLLY!

We're big fans of the Chevrolet SS here at Autoblog, west coast editor Michael Harley recently saying the Aussie import "comes across as a polished, and very well-rounded, sport sedan package that is more focused on performance than the others." Those others, of course, being competitors like the larger Dodge Charger SRT8 or even the Chevy's more luxurious cousin, the Cadillac CTS Vsport. Now, if reports swirling 'round the internet are true, the SS will be getting another performance-focused addition for the 2015 model year, and it's one we're seriously stoked about: a manual transmission.

This information comes courtesy of Motor Trend editor Jonny Lieberman, who broke the news on Twitter. In addition to the do-it-yourself gearbox, the 2015 SS will also reportedly use General Motors' excellent Magnetic Ride suspension – what's found on the Corvette, among other cars. That setup, combined with a proper row-your-own transmission, should make for one absolutely lovely SS.

When reached for comment, GM spokesperson Afaf Farah told Autoblog, "We have not made any new announcements about the Chevrolet SS." According to Lieberman's tweet, the updated SS will make its debut at the annual Woodward Dream Cruise in August.
2015 Chevrolet SS getting manual transmission, Magnetic Ride suspension - Autoblog

· Banned
15,299 Posts
Repost. But still cool! Get ready for a $50k price tag
Yeah figure a hefty base price increase!

I love how one guy makes an OFFICIALLY UNCONFIRMED post on the interwebs and it gets reposted a jajillion times spreading like wildfire as fact.

Man everyones ad revenue skyrocketed! And don't forget they make $ off of twitter too!

I've learned my lessons the hard way; could be wrong too; but I'll believe it when its official.

Just look at the MY2014 continuation of all 3 CTS-V body styles and the MY 2015 CTS-V coupe buildout. Man the MY2015 not getting any any press.

The new GM is tight lipped, people get fired on the spot for leaking stuff, and it's not their MO to unembargo this kind of info for just one guy to 'leak'. Does not make any sense given about half the 2014MY is unsold or still in transit!

If this guy has a 'source' you can bet your bottom dollar they will get fired. And this guy is now on the s**t list for publishing it.

Just my thoughts, I may be wrong and August is a long way away.

· Banned
15,299 Posts
SSV Redline automatic converted to US$ pricing = $56527 using CP's postcode! Remember with the VF intro Holden lowered the prices a TON of AUD$.

So did we get a bargain?
Is the price going to increase a hefty amount like all the other GM's?
Have you seen the Pickup and SUV prices recently?
What about the Stingray price increases?
Is the new edict of per unit profit over volume going to hit the SS hard?

· Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Part of the reason I went with a 2014 was due to my expectations on price escalation as we roll through the end of SS production in a year or two or three. I really enjoy these cars from Aus but when the price creeps past $50K soon ..... I will likely still try to get my hands on the last version with an M6 in 16 or 17 whenever GM officially pulls the plug on this fine auto.

· Super Moderator
5,938 Posts
Part of the reason I went with a 2014 was due to my expectations on price escalation as we roll through the end of SS production in a year or two or three. I really enjoy these cars from Aus but when the price creeps past $50K soon ..... I will likely still try to get my hands on the last version with an M6 in 16 or 17 whenever GM officially pulls the plug on this fine auto.
Did they off load your SS in Jacksonville? Or you planning on going after its delivered to Newark and then Ohio and then Michigan??
z51vett
Doug

· Premium Member
1,792 Posts
According to a few birdies the car is headed for Newark..... after a long ocean voyage the car simply needed some beach time in Jacksonville! I do have some contacts in the Newark area, sure would be fun to watch the SIM animal get unloaded....

Reactions: z51vett
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.