Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Hoping it's okay to post here. My boyfriend's favorite car is a 2015 Chevy SS and I have searched the entire world wide web (it feels like) and I can't find any models, 3D printer files, or anything. If models don't exist, do you have any other craft/gift ideas you could share with me?

Thank you in advance. Have a great day!

·
Super Moderator
3,851 Posts
Welcome to the SS Forums @LadyYuna !!!

I am sure the members will be only toooo happy to help You!!!

In that regard,, please bring your post count up to 5, can be replies or threads,,, and once that milestone is achieved,,, log off for a few minutes,, log back on,,, and then the "Conversation" (PM) feature will unlock for you!! This is the preferred method for inquiries and negotiations on stuff for sale and so forth!!

Good Luck!!

ES

·
Registered
817 Posts
Different sizes, wood/metal and prices.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Don't forget to search for Holden Commodore VF models as the Chevrolet SS is mostly a rebadged Commodore. Biante made a couple of nice scale models, but they're not always easy to come by.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't forget to search for Holden Commodore VF models as the Chevrolet SS is mostly a rebadged Commodore. Biante made a couple of nice scale models, but they're not always easy to come by.
Oh, that's a great tip! I was not aware of that, thank you. I'll see if I can find something searching with that term instead!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Hi there,

Hoping it's okay to post here. My boyfriend's favorite car is a 2015 Chevy SS and I have searched the entire world wide web (it feels like) and I can't find any models, 3D printer files, or anything. If models don't exist, do you have any other craft/gift ideas you could share with me?

Thank you in advance. Have a great day!
You can also buy your Boyfriend a Real 2015 Chevy SS Model, 6-speed manual or Automatic! Good Luck on your Quest. Always better to have 2 Automobiles if you have the space!
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
74 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: Brass

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I was curious if anyone had actually done this for the SS… so I used the ol’ fancy schmancy search bar. I really like this!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yes i have seen a member or two post photos on here before.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was curious if anyone had actually done this for the SS… so I used the ol’ fancy schmancy search bar. I really like this!

Awesome! That look really cool, thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Picked up the Biante model on eBay it's a Commodore Redline Series II. Looks very similar to my 2017 SS. Sorry couldn't find the purchase info.
and the lighted display case (Amazon.com: Collectible Display Show Case Illumicase+ with LED Lights and Mirror Base and Back for 1/64 1/43 1/32 1/24 1/18 Scale Models by Illumibox MJ7710 : Toys & Games) on amazon
I wonder why you can't find models of the Chevy version at all. These are so close! Thank you for sharing either way!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Once there was a Nascar-sponsored model actually labeled Chevrolet SS, but it is not true-to-scale but rather the Nascar-specified common chassis decorated like an SS. Biante (in Australia) has offered the most accurate and detailed models, particularly the 1:18 models and a few 1:12 models. Also many more smaller-scale models. As has been noted these are Holden VFII configured models, but extremely close to the SS for the street versions. Cost for the 1:18 models is ballpark $100, after conversion from AU$ to US$. Many of these were limited series runs, which sell-out after the designated number have been made. Relatively few are standard colors. Many more are in race livery for different years and different drivers, and sometimes different races in the same year. These latter might be easier to find, and some may still be in stock. Biante is like Costco: If it's in stock we have it. It's worth a look on the Biante website.

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
Here's pics of the Biante Holden's I purchased a few years ago. These do pop up on eBay and Mercari from time to time.

Holden Commodore VF-II Redline street version
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Holden Commodore V8 Supercars version in plain white, no logos.
Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Here's pics of the Biante Holden's I purchased a few years ago. These do pop up on eBay and Mercari from time to time.

Holden Commodore VF-II Redline street version
View attachment 293863 View attachment 293862

Holden Commodore V8 Supercars version in plain white, no logos.
View attachment 293865 View attachment 293864
Been looking for a white one for a while now. Every once in a while I check out eBay. Usually only find jungle green or slipstream blue or orange

1 - 20 of 42 Posts