Chevy SS Forum banner

2014 Phantom Black Metallic SS

6K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  15SuperSport 
#1 ·
First pics of "The Phantom". Yeah I know, but I just wanted to say it once...hope this works.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks LS1hawk. Glad I talked them out of screwing the front plate bracket on. If I get popped I'll get one of these...

$115.25 on flea bay or about $50.00 for manual version

Reactions: lrdvadr and 1badss
#6 ·
I like it slivoman. I also like the show and go as I'll probably do some late model car shows and cruise ins this summer. It would be a kick to get pulled over for no front plate and hit the button while he's talking to you...

Reactions: david7436
#7 ·
I have to agree the feature is cool, but it seems from the review the unit doesn't like getting dirty and mine is a daily driver. If you do get it, please post a review on it after you had it for a while and let us all know whether its just haters on the web hating or if the unit really doesn't work that well. If it works well, **** yeah that thing is cool as **** and worth the money.

#9 ·
Hopefully I never have to order it. I could just get the manual version as well. Both available locally as my dealership has a custom/performance shop as well.

#10 ·
They sell a ton for Vettes and Camaros locally, they must sit lower than me/you/us.?.

#12 ·
Yeah, about 50 bucks.

#14 ·
Had to set the brake and put the car in gear to get a pic with the DRL's on. At the top of a boat ramp on a frozen lake...Glad that electronic parking brake worked well...

Reactions: 1badss and Diehard
#15 ·
I now drive a "custom" SS...It was left over from the Callaway, so why not?

#16 ·
Anybody think this would look good(or bad) on the back of my car? It would replace the bowtie, front bowtie to be black. Opinions welcome, I can take it...

#17 ·
Somebody already did it. There's a pic in here somewheres.

#18 ·
Saw one with 2014 emblem traditional colors, like the C6 idea(engine) in black or carbon fiber.

Reactions: z51vett
#19 ·
Quick update, some new mods on the way. Bowties will be carbon fiber, plasti-dip black or Phantom Black Metallic. Roto-Fab intake should arrive Tuesday, window tint next week and ordered a trunk mat today on AutoAnything.com. Got a Lloyd Ultimate Cargo Liner trunk liner in black with the large SS logo in the pic below. I'll post some pics when I get these goodies installed!

#20 ·
Oh yeah, Weathertech's went in last week. Great fit!

#21 · (Edited)
Bowtie emblems done, haven't even received my sample yet. A friend had a little so we thought we'd try a couple of different methods. First try was to apply the carbon fiber vinyl and cut between the gold emblem and chrome surround. Not very effective or pretty, lines not clean with some gold showing. Next we applied some heat, pulled the gold emblems out and applied the vinyl with some heat and stretching. Inside 90 degree angles were a little difficult, and had some extra material at the top right and lower left ends of the badges because of the tight angles. A little heat and the fact that the badge is concealed in the chrome surround made my imperfections unnoticeable and the whole thing pretty forgiving. Ended up pulling both and completing the job! Best part is the fact that the whole thing is reversible should I decide to go a different direction. Pic of front to follow.

Reactions: KenzSS
#23 ·
So the gold emblem just pops out of the chrome housing? Just some glue holding it in place? Looks great BTW!!
One strip of 3M adhesive, 1/2" left to right on both. Put a little heat to it and got a razor blade behind the emblem enough to get started and then used a plastic trim tool to slowly pry while applying heat. Both came off really easily. :thumbsUp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.