Chevy SS Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
I hope yours arrives fine...several here and elsewhere have reported batteries shipped have arrived damaged and that was enough to keep me from thinking I'd buy online...

Bill
No issues at all and it was only about $150. The packaging was actually really nice. It took a few hours for it to top off on my tender and it's been in the car for a little while now.

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,558 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,080 Posts
I'm getting a little old so I'm not up on current events. In context, what does 'EnerSys' mean?
EnerSys is a battery manufacturer, I believe they have a few brands out there, as well as large forklift style applications, marine applications, even submarine applications 😮

Reactions: SaberOne

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,558 Posts
I just bought the same battery from Rock Auto. How much was it at the dealer?
I'm glad your 48AGM arrived in good condition while saving about $65 that I paid extra at the dealership. You see, I have this close relationship with Captain Murphy, so it's likely I would end up with a dud and no way to return it.

In related news, I'm working on a top-secret electrical Mod Project that could work out great or blow up my ECM. Perhaps I should've attended the course; 'Leave Well-Enough Alone'. 🙅‍♂️
EnerSys is a battery manufacturer, I believe they have a few brands out there, as well as large forklift style applications, marine applications, even submarine applications 😮
Ah, alrighty then; learn something new every day. 👨‍🔬

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
good to read that some of you got your batteries shipped with no damage...I thought it was on this Forum that several received batteries from RockAuto or Amazon and that they were damaged due to poor packaging...I'll keep both of those options in mind as I have a $100 Amazon gift card and/or a $60 gift card that could cover all or most of the cost...

thanks again,

Bill

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
good to read that some of you got your batteries shipped with no damage...I thought it was on this Forum that several received batteries from RockAuto or Amazon and that they were damaged due to poor packaging...I'll keep both of those options in mind as I have a $100 Amazon gift card and/or a $60 gift card that could cover all or most of the cost...

thanks again,

Bill
I ordered an ACDelco 48AGM from Amazon about 3 months ago, in my area they had the best price at the time. The battery came very well packaged to my surprise, and I watched the Amazon truck stop in front of my house, and the battery seemed to be in a special small cage so it could not move around and damage itself or other packages. Very happy with the whole process, put it on the charger, and then installed in Miss Ruby.

I took the old battery to AutoZone and got $20 for recycling it......

·
Registered
3,764 Posts

thanks again,

Bill
For a battery on another car, my experience with RA was one of those mentioned. It's really a roll of the dice I guess. The trouble is that, at least with RA, you have to return the damaged battery (complete with its original damaged packaging which was utterly feeble in the first place and thus completely unfit for a return trip) in such a way as not to cause new or additional damage, and that is all at your expense!! When you think about what it costs to send a now extra-large box to contain the original mess and protect it and the battery from further damage, and oh-by-the-way . . . it weighs like 60lbs., that is one expensive shipping fee. In that light, any original saving you thought you were getting is out the window. Yeah, I'd say it's a straight up gamble. You pays your money, you takes your chances. :(

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
well that's better news for Amazon and worse for RockAuto...my only concern now is the one year less warranty (although I have rarely had warrantyable battery problems) and the slightly more difficult issue of being able to use that warranty with an online purchase of a battery...

Bill

61 - 68 of 68 Posts