Chevy SS Forum banner

2014 Chevy SS Color Heads Up Display (HUD)

13K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  brianch 
#1 ·
A color Head-Up Display projects vital information like your speed, turn-by-turn directions and more. Projected onto the windshield directly within your field of vision, this display keeps you informed while your eyes are safely on the road.

See less See more
#2 ·
A color Head-Up Display projects vital information like your speed, turn-by-turn directions and more. Projected onto the windshield directly within your field of vision, this display keeps you informed while your eyes are safely on the road.
I've never had it but seems kinda nice. I assume you can pick and chose what is displayed. I also assume you can shut it off, as I can see where it could be a bit of a distraction when there no need for it. It may be in your field of view but at a different focus range. But much better of course than looking down at your dash.

#3 ·
I had my first experience with a HUD in a Camaro SS that I rented a few weeks back. It is height and brightness adjustable, and I had it right at the bottom edge of the windshield and it wasn't distracting at all.

One thing I did confirm though is I will never own a V8 with an automatic. I didn't like it - even with the flappy paddles.

#7 ·
Loved the HUD on my 1999 Grand Prix GTP. That was height and brightness adjustable as well.

BTW, auto + V8 isn't bad at all. Get a proper tune on the transmission and it takes most of the gripes away.

#8 ·
Didn't have color (only green) but my 2006 Vette had this option and I loved it. Nice for track nights :thumbsUp:

FYI- for those of you that have not seen this option it should have multiple screen options (G-force, Tach, MPH, etc.) like the Vettes.

#9 ·
I've experienced the HUD on a few BMWs and I cant say I was the biggest fan of having this thing on my windshield. Maybe it was simply the placement of the BMWs and the fact that it was bright Orange... I'm glad there are options to move and shut off if necessary...

#10 ·
It's a cool feature to have. This type of HUD will continue to get more popular. I also read about augmented reality which is basically this technology taken to the next level. Like Google Glass for your car windshield.

I'll settle for having my speed on the windshield for now though. It's nice not having to look away from the road to see how fast you are going. Probably safer too.

#11 ·
The only thing I don't like about HUD displays is the fact that the image being projected has to travel through or reflect off at least 2 lenses/windscreen etc, so there is always going to be some sort of ghosting/overlapping. It can be tweaked by adjusting the height and brightness but I've never seen one I'd call "crisp"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.