Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy s at Hennessey performance grabbed a Chevy SS to put it through a baseline dyno test. That must mean the Hennessey is planning to tune up our friend the SS.

In its dyno test the SS pulled 359 HP and 367 lb-ft of torque at the rear wheels. Now all we have to do is wait to see what the SS ends up doing once the guys at Hennessey have their way with it.

· Registered
32 Posts
The guy s at Hennessey performance grabbed a Chevy SS to put it through a baseline dyno test. That must mean the Hennessey is planning to tune up our friend the SS.

In its dyno test the SS pulled 359 HP and 367 lb-ft of torque at the rear wheels. Now all we have to do is wait to see what the SS ends up doing once the guys at Hennessey have their way with it.

2014 Chevrolet SS - Baseline Dyno Testing at Hennessey Performance - YouTube
Is this around what others have seen? Or is this a happy dyno/PR stunt by Hennessey?

· Premium Member
1,093 Posts
Didn't they already mod this car with the HP600 Kit? how old is the video?

· Registered
32 Posts
My bone stock numbers were 356.92 HP / 354.19 Torque
Thanks for sharing. After a little bit of searching (which is what I should have done before posting/bumping this thread) it looks like these numbers in the video are pretty typical, if not a little on the high side.

Didn't they already mod this car with the HP600 Kit? how old is the video?
The video here is pretty old, late 2013. Check out the main page on Hennessey's website:
HPE600 Supercharged Upgrade | 2014 Chevrolet SS | Hennessey Performance

You will see their basic blower package SS (HPE600) run high elevens (on drag radials, it looks like) and hit 163 on a toll road (note John leisurely adjusting his seat at ~150mph :cool:)

· Registered
550 Posts
So they should have it ready in a year or so.... :dry:

· Registered
1,290 Posts
You won t find many Hennessy fans on this forum. More bad experiences than I can recall.
Back to original my car was 356 and 354 on 2 different dyno's in Mooresville,NC. Before any mods. I m at 441 RWHP now and looking for a little more as we all do

Reactions: BGB0AR

· Registered
106 Posts
You dont have to go to Henessey...Chenry Motorsport, Tampa...

...They'll make your car so fast it'll stick to the ceiling for pictures! ;)

· Premium Member
1,093 Posts
Or Whipple it! 590rwhp and 510 Torque

Attachments

· Registered
875 Posts
Whipple is OEM on some cars too.
^^^^ he's right

from the factory """""

but who wants factory looking? lol! if i want factory i buy a honda! lol!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.