Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.. Purchased a 14 Caprice PPV with a L77. Just picked up a 3.45 Camaro diff, and Camaro Rims. Long term my plan is to install LSA or maybe a Maggie, and appropriate trans work and converter. Probably pull motor and go through it before I go S/C. Cam, head work, DOD delete, etc. Maybe stroke it if it’s in the budget. Probably try not to bore out cylinders if I can help it for more strength. Goal is to make it my 10 second sleeper. Looking at 5 year project based on budget...
Brett

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a plan. (y)Good luck Brett and welcome.
Thanks. My initial thought was to pick up a used LSA and lid and get it ported. But jeez. They are expensive right now and go quick. Used seem to run more expensive then what they previously new a few years ago! At the used prices I might as well go new with a Whipple or Magnuson kit. It will be a sleeper that's for sure. Looks like an Impala. LOL. First is rebuilding the rear end, tune, and full exhaust. Then start saving for motor/trans.

·
Super Moderator
7,388 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
For sure. Right now I am going to get the rear end done; Eaton Truetrac diff, LPW cover, JRE caps, and BMR bushings. Then full exhaust and tune this fall.
The rear end is the labor intensive part, but consider doing the exhaust at the same time. It has to come down for the diff anyway, might as well save yourself a couple hours.

Also, welcome!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Pics of the Caprice? Keeping the cop appearance package or looking to get some aussie-spec trim?

Reactions: 16HeronSS

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome! Similar plans to mine, I'm keeping after it one step at a time.
Lots of good info here. Enjoy the ride!
- Jim

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
A bit off topic. I sold my old silver bezels around the radio and steering wheel to somebody building a Caprice. I haven't heard how that project is coming along. Maybe he will see this thread and pop in with an update of his Caprice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I am going for the rental car look! Haha. No seriously. To me it looks like something you would pick up at Hertz or Budget. I am going for the sleeper look. Make it plain and fast. Its already been called an Impala and Malibu so far. Lol. I care more about handling and speed then looks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Forgot to mention it was actually a taxi out of NJ Transit. So no holes in the body and no spotlights. Although it looks like they removed the decals with a die grinder and screwdriver. Lol. I have some wetsanding and buffing to do. I swapped Camaro rims. That's about the extent of my exterior modifications.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
are you in NJ? I saw a black caprice with holden badges a couple days ago.
Nope. White Caprice in Ohio. I just bought it in NJ several weeks ago and drove it back home. Has Impala badges for the rental car / sleeper car look and to confuse people.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts