Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called a couple places in N. Texas, seems really high for such a simple job, or is this the going rate in 2020?

Anyone on here from North Texas - got a Muffler Shop hookup? I'm close to 76051 zip code.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Called a couple places in N. Texas, seems really high for such a simple job, or is this the going rate in 2020?

Anyone on here from North Texas - got a Muffler Shop hookup? I'm close to 76051 zip code.
I'm in 76063. There's a muffler shop here and I highly doubt they'd charge that, but I can't say for certain. I brought mine there to have some tack welds put in place, and they charged me 5 bucks, lol. I take my vehicles here for inspection as well; good folks.

I have a Silverado 1500 muffler swap I'm planning soon and I'm estimating them to charge about $50, if that. Let me know how the price is if you try them out so I can see if I'm way off base or not. They're laid back and a friendly place.

Mansfield Gas & Exhaust
1304 N Main St, Mansfield, TX 76063
(817) 473-2653

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is finished!!! Mid-muffler delete and I could not be happier.

Amazing how good it sounds now. Very close to the Camaro SS performance exhaust if not identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: wilkin4

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
It is finished!!! Mid-muffler delete and I could not be happier.

Amazing how good it sounds now. Very close to the Camaro SS performance exhaust if not identical.
Just curious, how much did they charge you ?

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Hmm. An H-Pipe, haven't seen that in a while. :cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$158 with tax. The H Pipe is factory. Saw on another thread where that guy removed his but it changed the sound.

Super happy with it.

·
Super Moderator
13,870 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Reactions: 15SuperSport

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That picture was before the tech finished. The brace is on the car, but thanks for pointing it out. Good to know it’s important!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Ah, my first mod. Life was simpler back then.

Careful, that rabbit hole goes pretty deep lol

Reactions: 15SuperSport

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had a ‘08 G8 GT before this car, put Solo Axle back on, 2 months later heads were ruined by bad lifters/cylinder deactivation crap. Hoping the LS3 is just a better engine overall.

·
Registered
151 Posts

Mine was about $150 in the Austin area 4 yrs ago. Done right with sections of stainless steel pipe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts