Chevy SS Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,799 Posts
This is a know issue with this trans goes back a decade or longer. Fluid change worked for many of us. What is your mechanical experience? I have build race cars and engines. Know anything about NASCAR first cousins son was crew chief for Ricky Rudd, Bobby Labonate, completion director Woods bros. you some kind genius

·
Banned
32 Posts
The placebo affect is scientifically proven, and common knowledge.
If people are offended by the discussion of the placebo affect, then they are the ones with a problem.
The bullying and resume boasting is very disappointing, and frankly disgraceful.
But, feel free to continue the exact same behavior you're accusing me of.

I'm not fragile, unjustifiably offended, or so insecure I feel the need to bully or censor others.
So, carry on.

Regardless, you'll all probably want to hear what I have to report in the next few days.

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
3,661 Posts
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...
When I had such an issue and got beyond the fluid change, a rebuild was in order. I replace the syncros, 3/4 shift fork to a Viper unit(mine was aluminum, Viper unit is cast iron). This was on a 2002 Firehawk. Then I used the specifically recommended Castrol fluid. Everything was good for the next 3 years until I sold it.

·
Super Moderator
14,323 Posts
If people are offended by the discussion of the placebo affect, then they are the ones with a problem.
The bullying and resume boasting is very disappointing, and frankly disgraceful.

I'm not fragile, unjustifiably offended, or so insecure I feel the need to bully or censor others.
So, carry on.

Regardless, you'll all probably want to hear what I have to report in the next few days.
Dr Ego, since you prefer the public venue, I suggest you heed the advice given by the other moderators -- with your transmission and forum etiquette.

·
Premium Member
15,039 Posts
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...
When I had such an issue and got beyond the fluid change, a rebuild was in order. I replace the syncros, 3/4 shift fork to a Viper unit(mine was aluminum, Viper unit is cast iron). This was on a 2002 Firehawk. Then I used the specifically recommended Castrol fluid. Everything was good for the next 3 years until I sold it.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Super Moderator
7,574 Posts
"I tried the fluid change, and didn't feel that it helped very much at all. I think I'm going to schedule a rebuild and go from there. Thanks for trying guys, but unfortunately I didn't feel the same benefits from the fluid change that you guys felt."

It seems like an easy point to make, without insulting anyone.

Reactions: willy92 and ESindon

·
Banned
32 Posts
"I tried the fluid change, and didn't feel that it helped very much at all. I think I'm going to schedule a rebuild and go from there. Thanks for trying guys, but unfortunately I didn't feel the same benefits from the fluid change that you guys felt."

It seems like an easy point to make, without insulting anyone.
Again, if anyone felt insulted, that wasn't the intent, and frankly, that's them being unreasonably sensitive.
But, feel free to continue regurgitating and piling on.
I've got strong shoulders.

·
Super Moderator
7,574 Posts
Again, if anyone felt insulted, that wasn't the intent, and frankly, that's them being unreasonably sensitive.
But, feel free to continue regurgitating and piling on.
I've got strong shoulders.
Now that's funny stuff. We were being unreasonably sensitive? We tried to help and you insulted everyone that tried and then we're accused of bullying you. Thank goodness you're not fragile and have strong shoulders. 😂

Oh, and it's "effect", placebo effect...

Reactions: good2go and ESindon

·
Banned
32 Posts
This is a know issue with this trans goes back a decade or longer. Fluid change worked for many of us. What is your mechanical experience? I have build race cars and engines. Know anything about NASCAR first cousins son was crew chief for Ricky Rudd, Bobby Labonate, completion director Woods bros. you some kind genius
Then how come my 2016 Camaro SS manual transmission shifts like a hot knife through butter and so does my
Corvette, " genius " ?
Hope you all are enjoying your circle jerk.
Wouldn't say a word to my face at a car night, but keep chirping online.

Spent this weekend with a few SS owners.
Funny, there was no drama, and the only ones we were laughing at were the usual suspects here.

·
Super Moderator
7,574 Posts
Perhaps there was no drama because you didn't call them ignorant when they tried to help you.
As for calling us out tough guy, do it again.

Reactions: good2go and ESindon

·
Super Moderator
14,323 Posts
Well, we all tried.
We really did.
Oh well....

·
Premium Member
15,039 Posts
I can't believe this guy is STILL here ....

Reactions: good2go

·
Super Moderator
5,799 Posts

So, carry on.

If you tear it down let us know what you find oh by the way if they don’t check replacement parts you will have same problem you have no idea who I am or worked for

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Why are there so many internet tough guys? I don't get it... Another one bites the dust for good reason.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts