Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Black, sunroof, spare, auto #1,112 built #186 of 307
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Changed from 18" to 19" winter tire/wheel setup because these no longer fit over the larger rings on the new OEM brake pads. I'm located about 30 min west of Milwaukee, WI.
What's included?
4 - 18X8 5-120 ET30 ANZIO TURN wheels. See close-up pictures for 2 minor imperfections.
4 - 315 Mhz wheel sensors (installed and all work)
4 - Michelin X-Ice Xi3 245/45R18 XL tires that have 5 winters of use, estimate 15-20k miles total, but will need to be replaced soon. See pics.
20 - lug nuts for these wheels (nickel plated)
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hubcap Tread

Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire White Light

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Automotive design Alloy wheel
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Automotive design Alloy wheel
Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hubcap Tread
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
GLWS.

this is off topic but can you elaborate on the fitment issue? I have these same wheels and they fit fine over OE (factory, came with car) pads on my 2016. Are current OEM replacement pads not the same as the OE pads?

·
Registered
2016 Black, sunroof, spare, auto #1,112 built #186 of 307
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GLWS.

this is off topic but can you elaborate on the fitment issue? I have these same wheels and they fit fine over OE (factory, came with car) pads on my 2016. Are current OEM replacement pads not the same as the OE pads?
Yep. The mechanic told me the OEM pads changed because they stopped using the paste with copper in it after it was banned in CA. The new version has larger metal rings that are supposed to help reduce vibrations/squealing. I wasn’t comfortable grinding them off or trying to find different pads and swapping those out.

·
Super Moderator
3,851 Posts
Welcome to the SS Forums @SlowRoddo !!

When you have brought your post count up to 5,, can be replies or threads created, then log off for a few minutes. When you log back on the "Conversation" feature (PM) will unlock for you!! Please use that facility for further inquiries and negotiations, as that is the preferred method for such things!!

Good Luck!

ES

1 - 5 of 5 Posts