Chevy SS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
15,274 Posts
Oy vey ist mir.

IF a piggyback switch was so east peasey why did the guy who said he made one that worked (after putting a LOT of hours into it) quickly backtrack because of "issues" and disappeared?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Oy vey ist mir.

IF a piggyback switch was so east peasey why did the guy who said he made one that worked (after putting a LOT of hours into it) quickly backtrack because of "issues" and disappeared?
The person who made that harness is Dave from DSX tuning. I have been getting updates from him every couple months. He has a successful business with lots of nice products for GM platforms. Unfortunately, I don't think taking the time to make a solid harness for few dozens people is high on his priority list as it is a niche market. His other products sell very well.

I hope he will make some, but I understand his position. GLE could make one, like he built his Dimmer Modules, but he needs a 16-17 car to figure out what the signal.

But, I will remain optimistic, somebody has to do it ;)

·
Banned
15,274 Posts
The person who made that harness is Dave from DSX tuning. I have been getting updates from him every couple months. He has a successful business with lots of nice products for GM platforms. Unfortunately, I don't think taking the time to make a solid harness for few dozens people is high on his priority list as it is a niche market. His other products sell very well.

I hope he will make some, but I understand his position. GLE could make one, like he built his Dimmer Modules, but he needs a 16-17 car to figure out what the signal.

But, I will remain optimistic, somebody has to do it ;)
Isn't he also the guy who claims he can recalibrate the SS's mag ride (like the Vettes) but always has an excuse why not now/goes radio silent/has a new excuse ... rinse; repeat ???

Not my first rodeo with "I can do it, no prob, it's easy" but never do guys.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've almost given up hope to get this on my 15 SS but I just found some similar mufflers that you can find on summit racing's page! Does any one have info on this? Brand is Xforce Varex mufflers

·
Registered
330 Posts
Reactions: carkhz316

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,642 Posts
fixed

·
Premium Member
689 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Have any of those in the hunt for bi-mode looked into the Hooker Blackehart Attitude Adjuster EVC kits? Stumbled upon these looking into Sniper systems. (not for the SS...)
https://www.holley.com/products/exhaust/cut_outs_and_multi_mode_kits/parts/71013001-RHKR

It appears you could even hook this up mechanically to avoid computer issues. Rather pricey but lots of control.
Rather pricey? hella pricey :wink

I have looked into replacing the valves with a different valve assembly. Most of the quality valves are in the 4-500 bucks range and I'm not a fan of experimenting with that kind of money...

I do have a mock up for a mechanical cable system to actuate the original valves...still in the works, but it would be cheap and reliable (I'm sure I would get a lot of **** for it, haha)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Updating this thread.

There is a harness for putting bimodal on the 14-15s. The company is based in Australia and sell a nice harness, either hardwired or remote controlled. I have had it on my car for a while and it has worked well.

·
Registered
RotoFab & LMS 93 aggressive + tune|resonator delete|275/35 square set up
222 Posts
Looking to put bimodals on my ‘14. Did you go with the remote activation option? Any issues with install or functioning? Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is it possible to just put '16 or '17 mufflers on a '15 and not worry about the bimodal functionality? My reasoning is mostly cosmetic.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Is it possible to just put '16 or '17 mufflers on a '15 and not worry about the bimodal functionality? My reasoning is mostly cosmetic.
It is, but the default (unpowered) state of the bi-modal muffler solenoid/valve is 'OPEN' (i.e. the louder, straight through path), so without the power control they'd be stuck that way.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It is, but the default (unpowered) state of the bi-modal muffler solenoid/valve is 'OPEN' (i.e. the louder, straight through path), so without the power control they'd be stuck that way.
I currently have catted Kooks through the stock '15s, so I'm guessing there wouldn't be much of a difference?

·
Super Moderator
8,481 Posts

I'd grab a pair of red tail tips and call it good.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts