Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a harness to enable the bimodal mufflers on 14-15?

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
roman, did he use the stock (16-17) harness and modify it? Was there a gm part number on it?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Reviving this thread...

We have somebody in our community who could build a harness BUT, the person (Glen, who makes the dimmer modules) needs a 16-17 car to measure the PWM signal that the car sends to the muffler actuators. He is in Des Moines...haven't found somebody in Des Moines yet to bring their car there. I'm a bit far away for a drive.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some people's glasses are half full and others are half empty.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Reviving this thread...

We have somebody in our community who could build a harness BUT, the person (Glen, who makes the dimmer modules) needs a 16-17 car to measure the PWM signal that the car sends to the muffler actuators. He is in Des Moines...haven't found somebody in Des Moines yet to bring their car there. I'm a bit far away for a drive.
Unfortunately, I have a 2015. Otherwise, des moines is not too far from me in southern MN. But I am in for details!

·
Banned
15,274 Posts
This conversion has been attempted by many 'half full' guys with their 'expert' knowledge numerous times; and they found it is not possible. Keep the positivity flowing though ... maybe you will be the one to be smarter than the peeps in Warren who know this is not possible ...

mazel tov

·
Registered
790 Posts
That’s how I feel every time I read something that you’ve posted.
You have to understand, CB lives by the ancient code of the internet: Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you won't be able to make fun of him anymore- and where's the fun in that?

This conversion has been attempted by many 'half full' guys with their 'expert' knowledge numerous times; and they found it is not possible. Keep the positivity flowing though ... maybe you will be the one to be smarter than the peeps in Warren who know this is not possible ...

mazel tov
These are my particular favorite- not only did CB take the time to post no useful information in an incredibly cryptic note that suggests he could post some valuable info if he wanted to; it's a half-dozen posts below a video that seems to show it's completely possible.

Those boys in Warren must be smart, to design a simple low voltage control input that even they can't replicate except on every performance vehicle they make!

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
CB750.......... AKA The Hebrew Hammer !!!!!!!!

:devil:devil:devil

:angel:angel:angel

Reactions: 2074

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I’m so glad that CB750’s give a f*ck tank is empty and he keeps posting. It’s not that hard to crack his code and get what he is saying.

Reactions: Taze and wilkin4

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Reactions: wilkin4

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Its just not worth the time yet to reverse engineer that part of the pcms code block thats all. The spark, alcohol tables, virtual ve, etc. are higher on the list for people licsensing hptuners or efilive or whatever, than activating a muffler flap currently. Eventually it will get enough demand that someone will figure it out.

Until then a manual or piggyback switch is probably the easier method.

Not because someone in warren is a genius at muffler activation via complex algorithims and ubber complicated mechanical engineering for a glorified (epa) exhaust cut-out.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts