Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So over the weekend we took the SS out for some Christmas shopping and on the way to *shopping mall X*, we just happened to get the car up to *a high speed* before coming up within a half mile of traffic (no other cars around us on *an 8 lane highway*). The car easily got up there with no lack of breathing room. The car could have easily done more as its handling was spot on with tons of grip while never pulling in any direction. We were looking forward to taking out the cars to the track this past weekend, but the weather was just not going to let that happen. I cant wait to get some bolt-ons put on and get some numbers off the dyno.

· Premium Member
3,373 Posts
Pretty bold to admit doing something that could get out of hand so easily--not to mention somebody might put out an APB or BOLO of sorts with all the info we can see here at our keyboards. Hate to see you have a problem with warranty, too, if something broke really early (during break-in, in other words).

At least you're havin' fun--just let us know (in advance) when and where you're going to do your next blast!!!

· Registered
467 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the OP was mistaken when he said San Marcos and really did this on a Mexican highway where US officials don't really care.

Glad to see that she's running strong. There are some you tube videos of G8 guys running 170 or more all on a closed track or Mexican highway (of course ;)) so the SS should be right there with them.

The G8 and SS are amazing performers...

on edit: found one of the vids - looks like it atleast has a tune since it's shifting at 6500 :) -

· Registered
60 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the OP was mistaken when he said San Marcos and really did this on a Mexican highway where US officials don't really care.

Glad to see that she's running strong. There are some you tube videos of G8 guys running 170 or more all on a closed track or Mexican highway (of course ;)) so the SS should be right there with them.

The G8 and SS are amazing performers...

on edit: found one of the vids - looks like it atleast has a tune since it's shifting at 6500 :)
he'd modded out the arse.

· Premium Member
7,509 Posts
I would just say "really fast" or "on the track".

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
But of course, it was on the way to the taqueria in Monterrey. Nobody goes over the speed limit in Texas, that's just silly... however I am pretty sure warranty will be worthless within the next 6 months. My Duramax warranty was gone within a week of picking it up from the dealership, so it is just a matter of being able to upgrade what you break.

· Registered
467 Posts
My Duramax warranty was gone within a week of picking it up from the dealership, so it is just a matter of being able to upgrade what you break.
+1 - I think my G8 warranty was done by 1600 miles thanks to headers, cold air intake, and tune :)

I don't want them putting their paws on my car anyway and would rather fix it myself, but the good news is that I've had no issues that would have even required warranty work...

· Registered
467 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.