Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to throw on some ARH on my 14’SS tomorrow morning and was wondering if any one else has installed it themselves. Any tips or pointers to keep in mind? Also does anyone know if the stock mufflers are welded on to the stock h-pipe? Planning on connecting the ARH X Pipe to my stock mufflers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Getting ready to throw on some ARH on my 14’SS tomorrow morning and was wondering if any one else has installed it themselves. Any tips or pointers to keep in mind? Also does anyone know if the stock mufflers are welded on to the stock h-pipe? Planning on connecting the ARH X Pipe to my stock mufflers
I just recently installed kooks headers and green cats with x pipe with stock mufflers. Mufflers were not welded on mine

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Not welded, but they do have a slight ball and socket type connection, so you’ll most likely have to cut the pipe to make it able to be slipped over - unless the ARH kit makes the provision to just bolt up, which I doubt.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
If the connection is the same as 16-17 then yes it’ll bolt right up with the ball joint. ARH has a ball socket for the end. The original clamps tend to break if it’s rusty and salty area. There is a replacement from Mercedes for a fraction of what gm wants for theirs. Also ARH has their own too but not supplied.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did the install go so far?
Install went Good! Pretty straight forward , did at home with a couple jack stands N some tools . ONLY main issue i had was that psg front 02 sensor, realllly annoying to disconnect and then connect back . Everything bolted on, no cuts no welds , ARH actually provided everything i needed ! Love how the car sounds now, waiting to purchase a CAI and then getting it tuned

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not welded, but they do have a slight ball and socket type connection, so you’ll most likely have to cut the pipe to make it able to be slipped over - unless the ARH kit makes the provision to just bolt up, which I doubt.
ARH actually provided evrything i needed , install went smooth

1 - 7 of 7 Posts