Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little 1/4 mile run to share. This year has given me a countless pile of 12 sec times slips, and a total of 10 times slips in the 11's. Lowest was an 11.19 @ 123.9. I am not sharing this to portray that I am the fastest, the best....the anything. This is just to share a part of a hobby, a stress relief.

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
6,015 Posts
Good stuff man!

Reactions: Broken041

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Damn good passes, nitrous is always fun. What mods and how much spray? Going up to our track a week from Wednesday to finally make some passes in the SS with just some bolt ons. Got 5 years of ring rust to shake off since I've last run down the 1/4.

Reactions: Fedge378

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I would like to do nitrous for my trips to the track, which is not often.

Hard part is the tuning.....

From the audio seems you have a manual trans, do you spay in first gear, or only the upper gears???

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Niiiiice

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all.

Mods that matter are roughly
TSP 231/246 with supporting valve train mods
JBA Headers non catted into stock exhaust
Tuning by Shane Hinds
Nitrous Outlet plate system with controller -150hp jets
Mickey Thompson ET Street SS 285/35/19

Manual, yes. Limping a stock clutch, yes. I have my nitrous controller set to bring my fuel on at 3300 and my nitrous at 3500 with no gear lock out. So if the track has decent prep I will leave at 4000 on the hit. If not...I leave a tad lower to get out, once rpm and tps are satisfied, its off to the races.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Still see that this track still has that dip in it. That always threw me as I only went down it once in my 2003 Marauder and was almost doing 110 MPH at the finish line

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I loved that plate kit when I ran it on the other car. Interesting though about being able to separate out the opening of the fuel and nitrous noids with that controller, my older controller was more basic and fired both at the same rpm. That must help blunt the lean spike you'd always get with the initial drop in fuel pressure.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I loved that plate kit when I ran it on the other car. Interesting though about being able to separate out the opening of the fuel and nitrous noids with that controller, my older controller was more basic and fired both at the same rpm. That must help blunt the lean spike you'd always get with the initial drop in fuel pressure.
Here's the answer to that. I use a Nitrous Outlet setup to include their 2 stage controller. I worried about that lean spike as well. I dealt with it in my F-body days. This time around, much safer. On the 2 stage controller wire it like this. Stage 1 - Use it for the nitrous solenoid only and Stage 2 for the fuel solenoid only. That gives you the independent control of each.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Smart move! I never thought of doing that. I had a very similar Nitrous Outlet controller that could do 2 stages, I just never used the 2nd since I was only spraying 100-150.

Reactions: wilkin4
1 - 10 of 10 Posts