Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm unable to tell from the picture are you running a 6rib belt system? Have you looked at the 10 rib rib from whipple or 8 rib from ati? What size blower pulley are you running? Throwing the belt is not what I hear from whipple installs. All whipple/SS would be prone if length was issue. Check alignment, what belt(s) are you using. I do not make 1K hp but a gates RPM belt at middle of the tensioner has worked great with no stretch. Sounds like you are hitting the tensioner stop, thowing the belt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I am still 6 rib and Whipple says they don't offer a 8 or 10 so I'm kinda at a loss. I am buying Wegners set up but it's expensive but Whipple wants 1300 for a new tensioner and in the end it's going to be the same price to fix as it is for the Wegners set up

·
Registered
219 Posts
Dmer1 had a 10rib whipple setup. I'm now unable to find it on whipple's website might be discontinued. keep us posted would like to hear how it works out. Always thought a dedicated belt would be the better solution like the LSA has.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Im in a similar situation but not nearly at that hp level. You need to just go with a custom 10-12 rib setup or a custom dedicated drive 10 rib with everything else on a 6 rib. Either one will be a bit pricey but otherwise your gonna keep slipping/snapping belts.

It wouldn't hurt to laser align your current setup, just in case but you still probably eat belts so keep extra fleetrunner belts in the trunk.

im suprised the shop that did your build let you leave without doing something about the 6 rib given the amount of work you have in that build.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts