Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may already be on here but anybody that gets a new grill that comes with the trim piece please see below. This is a 10 minute install. Remove all torx screws and phillips from the top plastic cover. There's torx screws hidden inside the far right and far left of grill use flashlight to find. Use a cut up credit car and insert from the outside of the trim piece inward to release the tabs. From the outside front of car chrome trim piece. See photo. Push grill forwards into the car to release. Removal complete. Reverse for installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
This is the one thing I didn't start this week because I figured you had to take the bumper off. I'll be trying this after Christmas. Thanks for this!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
536 Posts
I wish you could have made this a video. They member that made the video about the side chrome fender pieces made it east for me to take out the chrome ones and put in the black ones. If there was a video for the grill that would make my month haha.

Reactions: prabal34 and Boudin

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Once the upper grill is off, is there access to the bottom grill (for the purpose of replacing it) or will the bumper be in the way?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Awesome, thank you for posting this. Just in time for the conversion I am picking up tomorrow. I for one would like to leave the bumper on if possible, and it appears it is :).

·
Registered
174 Posts
This is awesome! Where can I get the holden badges to accomplish this mod? Might as well get the rear and wheel badges as well...

Wig:thumbsUp:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Someone please make a video for us visual learners lol. No but seriously

·
Registered
602 Posts
You're not getting the lower grill off without taking off the bumper.

You guys kill me. It's not rocket science. Just pull the bumper.
FYI when I pulled my bumper, my paint was so fresh that a small piece of paint came off by the headlight. I would have prefered this method.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.