This SUV was bought from an auction by our used car manager, it had high mileage but the history showed it was maintained at the same dealer it was bought from with all service records available to view on the GM Service history right down to the timing chains being done at 86k. upon our dealers driver coming back with the vehicle from MD it broke down and had to be towed back to our dealer. it sat in the back lot for over 2 months while the used car manager was prepping the paperwork to return the vehicle to the other dealer. i kept looking at it and i finally asked for the keys because i wanted to check it out. it was very clean, even had the original window sticker in the glove box showing it was $36,XXX when new! it had a check engine light on but it did start and run smooth, i took it for a ride and it ran/shifted fine. at that point i grabbed a scanner and found a slew of DTC's but none of them were U codes, in the system which usually means wiring issue. so i bring it in the shop and start poking around. the vehicle was not checked out by the service department yet so no one other than me looked at it. i found the O2 B1 S1 wiring rubbing against the power steering pully... i taped it up and cleared the codes, ran fine, shifted fine, codes didn't come back, for a test i took the tape off and touched it against the pully again, the engine shut off and all the same codes came back... viola, easy fix. i went to the used car manager and asked him what his bottom dollar is and he came back with a very reasonable offer being that he didn't know what was wrong with it, and was about to send it back to MD. i bought the car, replaced the O2 sensor and brakes all the way around and have been driving it without any issues for over 2 years now!
2010 Chevy Equinox (Aqua Blueish)
3.0 v6 (its the odd engine out, 2010-2011 was the only year you could get the cadillac 3.0 engine, all the others were switched to the 3.6)
Wheel and Tire