$300 1 12.50%
Will go with Eibach/King instead 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Swift Springs

Friend of mine helped me talk to the guys over at Swift Springs to make some springs for our cars.

Anyone interested?
Those who doesn't know about Swift, they make one of the best springs out there. A lot of Off the Shelf coilovers offer Swift Springs as an upgrade.

Minimum 10 sets, which isn't a lot

Price definitely makes all the difference

Whats your thought? Are you willing to pay up to $600? $300?
boost_lee and SaberOne like this.

-2015 Eggplant Malibu w/V8 RWD Conversion
-1991 JDM drift machine
-2005 Turbo AWD Camry (Sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 02:38 AM

Garage
Funny, I was thinking about reaching out to them the other day. I LOVED my swift springs on my 370z. They rode more comfortable than stock suspension and offered much more control in the corners. They had an excellent progressive spring rate and I felt much more confident driving the Swifts hard than my coilover setup. Same story on my friends Evo IX.

My Eibachs on the SS are ok, but the ride is so-so and I wish the front was a tad lower. Did they mention any specifics?

I would be very interested in a set of Spec-R springs @ $400 or less with a better drop than the Eibachs, maybe 1.4F 1.3R to keep a raked look and still set them apart from the drop heights on King springs?
SaberOne likes this.

2015 PBM M6, Roof, Spare
#30 of 114
Cam, I/H/E, stock heads - 480whp/434wtq

Last edited by boost_lee; 04-13-2019 at 02:47 AM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 06:50 AM

Garage
First I've heard/read about Swift Springs. I've always wanted a set springs that lowers the ride by a mere 1-inch. I tend to drink coffee when I drive, so I prefer not to stain the headliner. Based on the ratio posted by boost_lee perhaps 1.0"F x 3/4"R.

Currently, I guess the Street - Sport Springs is the less aggressive option. In any event; yes, I would be interested, but I have no point of reference as to cost.
2016Machine likes this.

2017 White No-Sun A/T Spare | Current: 27k | Tint & Film | Undercoating | Blk-Out Trim |Forgeline Wheels | Recaro Seats | Insulation | Tow Bar | Frame Connectors | Spyder Tail Lights | Lift Pads | HD Trunk Springs | Miles: 29K

Last edited by SaberOne; 04-14-2019 at 10:20 AM. Reason: corrected typo...

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 11:11 AM

what experience does Swift have in US/AUS cars/suspensions/geometry? There website shows predominantly Honda/Acura/Toyota/Lexus. price points mean nothing if legit R&D is not going into the spring design. Most of the current market provides a few options for springs that lower 1" or more, there might be more interest in springs that only lower .5" for everyone else. The springs would also need to accommodate MRC and non-MRC cars while not altering the shocks abilities.
2016Machine likes this.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost_lee View Post
Funny, I was thinking about reaching out to them the other day. I LOVED my swift springs on my 370z. They rode more comfortable than stock suspension and offered much more control in the corners. They had an excellent progressive spring rate and I felt much more confident driving the Swifts hard than my coilover setup. Same story on my friends Evo IX.

My Eibachs on the SS are ok, but the ride is so-so and I wish the front was a tad lower. Did they mention any specifics?

I would be very interested in a set of Spec-R springs @ $400 or less with a better drop than the Eibachs, maybe 1.4F 1.3R to keep a raked look and still set them apart from the drop heights on King springs?
I'm guessing it'll just be the Sport springs, not the Spec R. Also when you say better drop as in lower/higher ride height or spring rates?
King springs also have lots of different height difference
I have not approached them myself yet, would like to talk to them, and definitely give them our input

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaberOne View Post
First I've heard/read about Swift Springs. I've always wanted a set springs that lowers the ride by a mere 1-inch. I tend to drink coffee when I drive, so I prefer hot to stain the headliner. Based on the ratio posted by boost_lee perhaps 1.0"F x 3/4"R.

Currently, I guess the Street - Sport Springs is the less aggressive option. In any event; yes, I would be interested, but I have no point of reference as to cost.
Well both eibach and king are around the $300 range...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeadg8 View Post
what experience does Swift have in US/AUS cars/suspensions/geometry? There website shows predominantly Honda/Acura/Toyota/Lexus. price points mean nothing if legit R&D is not going into the spring design. Most of the current market provides a few options for springs that lower 1" or more, there might be more interest in springs that only lower .5" for everyone else. The springs would also need to accommodate MRC and non-MRC cars while not altering the shocks abilities.
I'm not a suspension expert, but I'd assume car is still a car regardless of the origin. As long as they can study the car, something should be able to be done. And yes they are predominantly branded for Japanese cars as that's their root. At the same time they have private labeled for many companies that are in the USDM car scene

I'd also just like them to make the springs specifically for the 2015+ MRC cars, as 14 has their options already. 15+ consist of a bigger market. Also because that's what I have lol

-1991 JDM drift machine
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 02:40 PM

I would be all the over a setup that lowered front no more than 1 inch, and the same or little less in the rear while preserving OEM spring rates or very close. The stock springs are near perfect compromise IMO except for ride height. I don’t care about cost so much if I could get the perfect (for me) lowering spring.
bourmb likes this.

-------------------------------------------------------------

2015 Phantom Black MT, with sunroof, without spare

Others:
2011 Saab 9-3
2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara
2008 Suzuki B-King
1995 Mazda RX7 R2
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 02:46 PM

I'm interested. I have Eibachs now and they're working out great but wouldn't mind some that was actually not as low especially since I want to go wider on the tires.

I've had both Swift and RCE on my WRXs and Evo. Loved them. I reached to RCE when I first got my SS a year ago but never heard back. Didn't think to reach out to Swift.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 03:58 PM

id be interested in a 1inch drop as long as the price is within reason of eibach and king.
bourmb likes this.

2015 Jungle Green Auto Sunroof
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 08:00 PM

I had a set of Swiftís on my Evo X and loved em.
Yoo Shin likes this.

16 white ss, auto
06 Z06, lots of junk
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Will keep you guys updated.
bourmb likes this.

-1991 JDM drift machine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page