ARH Headers Group Buy at RDP Store - Page 4 - Chevy SS Forum
 52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 235 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 10:02 AM

Can anyone that bought the full kit with mufflers post some videos after they get them installed? I haven't been able to find any videos on YouTube of an SS sedan with the ARH headers and mufflers (but it is difficult since so many Camaro videos come up). I didn't buy the ARH mufflers when I bought my headers because I've never heard them and didn't know what they sound like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 235 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91RS View Post
Can anyone that bought the full kit with mufflers post some videos after they get them installed? I haven't been able to find any videos on YouTube of an SS sedan with the ARH headers and mufflers (but it is difficult since so many Camaro videos come up). I didn't buy the ARH mufflers when I bought my headers because I've never heard them and didn't know what they sound like.
The sound will be the same basically sir, as they maintain the same engine configuration etc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RDP Store
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571
Kooks ARH Stainless Power Diablosport SCT Husky Nick Williams Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore Innovations DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC FIC IDA
post #33 of 235 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 06:36 PM

That's what I was hoping but Flowmaster and Magnaflow sound incredibly different on these cars than the stock dual modes. Are the ARH mufflers louder than stock?

post #34 of 235 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Garage
Quote:
That's what I was hoping but Flowmaster and Magnaflow sound incredibly different on these cars than the stock dual modes. Are the ARH mufflers louder than stock?
i would say about 15% louder than stock

RDP Store

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571
Kooks ARH Stainless Power Diablosport SCT Husky Nick Williams Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore Innovations DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC FIC IDA
post #35 of 235 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 09:15 PM

How's the drone at cruising speeds?
RDP Store likes this.
post #36 of 235 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 10:20 PM

Question ... 1-7/8 vs 2" ... why would anyone want the 1-7/8? Isn't the idea more flow?
RDP Store likes this.
post #37 of 235 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 10:27 PM

****, I missed it. If you do this again please pm me.
RDP Store likes this.
post #38 of 235 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PigMan View Post
****, I missed it. If you do this again please pm me.
send me a pm sir i can still hook you up if you want to get in on the deal

RDP Store

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571
post #39 of 235 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Garage
Quote:
How's the drone at cruising speeds?
headers dont cause a drone its the back pressure from the exhaust and mufflers that will cause that so it comes down to what you end up running as your axle back system and wether you go for catted x pipe or cat delete as a cat delete will certainly cause drone sir

RDP Store

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571
post #40 of 235 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGone View Post
Question ... 1-7/8 vs 2" ... why would anyone want the 1-7/8? Isn't the idea more flow?
1 7/8" are the correct header to use on most applications for vehicles with stock to mild modifications, if your building a motor and say stroking it and running a boosted application then you would step up to the 2" primary header, to fit a 2" primary header on a stock or mild application will loose you torque and bottom end power sir

RDP Store

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page