How many miles until you voided your warranty? - Page 3 - Chevy SS Forum
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 03:41 PM

Garage
my friends made in 2k before mods

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 04:40 PM

<----------------Bone stock for any dealerships looking
Mndev and JewaliciouSS like this.
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 05:11 PM

My Livernois "Receiving Inspection" report shows 3506 miles on my SS when they got it from Reliable Carriers. I don't need no stinkin' engine warranty!

2017 SS - RPG A6, roof, spare: Ceramic Pro, Livernois Stage 2 build w/ Stage 2C-HL cam, LS3 heads to Stage 2, RotoFab, Kooks 1-7/8 LT, green catted, Borla 2.5" XR1, ZL1 TC, BMR
2017 SS - OBM M6, no roof, spare: Ceramic Pro, RotoFab, Kooks 1-7/8 LT, green catted, Borla 2.5" XR1 mufflers, BMR tunnelbrace
2018 Tahoe RST - Tungsten LT1 w/Borla (350RWHP) and Brembo's
1987 Buick WE4 purchased '87; sold '97; repurchased 11/2017. Frame off underway, finish 6/2019(revised)

post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 05:58 PM

Garage
Supercharger installed at 1200 miles.......don't wait put one in and try to wipe the smile off your face!!!!

A6 Silver Ice Sunroof no spare Tint Holden Grill and Trunk Badge Magnunson Heartbeat FTI Performance Torque Converter ZPE Pulley for boost and fuelinjectorclynic injectors ARH Long tube Headers 2" Pipes WeatherTech mats/trunk K&N filter Accelerated Racing Solutions Tune Flex Fuel
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannon View Post
9,400 miles until I got the fever. I didn't void the warranty though...just posting about my tune here on the forum was enough to get my warranty flagged. Went in for an oil change soon after and the service writer told me I had a powertrain warranty block on my car. Doesn't bother me but trust me, they're watching
That's strange, I took mine in for a free oil change and recalls and they didn't mention a powertrain warranty block.

LSA, American Racing Headers w/GUTTED cats, LS9 cam, PAC 1218 Springs, New Era 4" CTSV CAI, ID 1050s, DSX Flex Fuel Sensor, DSX Aux Pump, DSX FPCM, E85, ZL1 Torque Converter, 2.38 Upper
696 RWHP 622 TQ
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucks View Post
Im getting ready to have Livernois pick up my rig....I think. The logical side of me says, uh, why are you spending money you could invest AND voiding your warranty. The other side of me says, hey man, pay to play.

Im curious to know how quickly you guys with mods, voided your warranty?

Ive had my RPG 6M since June and currently have 4200 miles on the odo.

Ill not plan on hiding this from my dealer as the work will include a +1 update to the ECM which is grounds for voided powertrain.
Well I must be the dumbest of them all. I bought the extended warranty then proceeded to void it after 5500 miles. The power was so good I just had to have more. I'm 40 years old so times a wastin and I'm happy to haul a$$ without a warranty.

LSA, American Racing Headers w/GUTTED cats, LS9 cam, PAC 1218 Springs, New Era 4" CTSV CAI, ID 1050s, DSX Flex Fuel Sensor, DSX Aux Pump, DSX FPCM, E85, ZL1 Torque Converter, 2.38 Upper
696 RWHP 622 TQ
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lester View Post
Well I must be the dumbest of them all. I bought the extended warranty then proceeded to void it after 5500 miles. The power was so good I just had to have more. I'm 40 years old so times a wastin and I'm happy to haul a$$ without a warranty.
I learned when my 2015 GTI was totaled that you can call and cancel those extended warranties for a refund at any time.
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGone View Post
I learned when my 2015 GTI was totaled that you can call and cancel those extended warranties for a refund at any time.
Thank you, I keep forgetting that. I wonder if it's worth it to keep for any other aspect of the car? I was able to get a discount on it, I believe I paid 800$ for the GM version.

696 RWHP 622 TQ
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 09:15 PM

If there is a failure in a particular system, dealer must prove that the modification/aftermarket part caused the failure. - your warranty is not voided on the whole car - i.e. You have headers and your ABS module goes out? Still covered.
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
If there is a failure in a particular system, dealer must prove that the modification/aftermarket part caused the failure. - your warranty is not voided on the whole car - i.e. You have headers and your ABS module goes out? Still covered.
Exactly why I was thinking I might still keep it. Not sure though, but maybe.

696 RWHP 622 TQ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page