This is my Do Over - Chevy SS Forum
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

This is my Do Over

I am new to this forum, Messed up my initial attempt at an introduction, so here goes again. I have visited occasionally since I bought my '17 Orange Blast - (sunroof, no spare, automatic) SS. It has never seen rain or snow. I live in southern Illinois and I only have about 2700 miles on it since I bought it in December of '17. I traveled a couple hundred miles to get it. I think I bought the last new SS. in the state of Illinois. (At least all the research I did at the time indicated that was the case.) I consider myself lucky to get it. I am still working at 70, and enjoy staying busy. I am torn between keeping this one completely pure, or getting the 650 horsepower Lingenfelter upgrade package. I don't know whether to do it or not. Wish I knew someone who has had the package installed on their SS. A little concerned that the modification would be frowned upon by purists, but I think I would like to have it done. Could do the work myself, but my thinking is that the Lingenfelter name might be a plus, should I ever decide to sell it ( no plans to do so any time soon.) Would like to hear from anyone who has thoughts on the matter. Good to be among this group. Cheers,
Taze, Dsmer1, R1perry and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome @PapaZoom!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Martin
2014 SS, Heron White, A6, no mods, #3334 of MY2014
and 41 of 41 as built of the 534 HW. Born on Feb 6, 2014.
2016 Silverado 1500 LTZ CC Summit White.
Chevy SS Production & Sales Info for All Years can be found here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Direct link to spreadsheet here:

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 10:31 PM

Welcome !

Only live once....

Do it.
SS_Voraus, Taze, Dsmer1 and 1 others like this.

Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS > Grand Am GT > Nissan Maxima > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude > Infiniti G35 > BMW E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec > Chevy SS, Hyundai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX > Hyundai Tucson sport

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 12:18 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the SS @PapaZoom. Do to the car what you want to do, not what someone else would want you to do. Quite honestly you'll not get the return on investment when selling the car, but you'll get a bit more than stock. Your return on investment will be when you hit the go pedal and can't get the smile off of your face.
As for the purists, they didn't like rock and roll either, said it would never last... 🤘

LIVERNOIS MOTORSPORTS, 2R MAXX CAM, POWERSTORM HEADS, PORTED THROTTLE BODY AND INTAKE, ARH LONGTUBES W/CATTED X 496.2 RWHP, 455.78 lb-ft TQ.
ROTO-FAB, BMR, MAV-MAN, MGW, VS FORGED VS-04 T6061 monoblock wheels w/MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4S 265/305 tires from BESTWHEELDEALS.COM, WEATHERTECH, CLEARSHIELD PRO, 35% tint, 1080P dashcam, FLOWTIE grille and HOLDEN etched CAI cover from member COUPE

1 of 273 PBM SS's ever produced, 1 of 77 bolt action PBM SS's ever produced, #38 of 44 as optioned.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 06:58 AM

Garage
Lingenfelter was the first builder I contacted when I was considering a build. In hindsight, I wish I had chosen them right off the bat as they hold a pedigree of callings. That 650 package looks very clean and a safe bet. By the way; welcome to the forum.
wilkin4 likes this.

2017 White No-Sun A/T Spare | Current: 27k | Tint & Film | Undercoating | Blk-Out Trim |Forgeline Wheels | Recaro Seats | Insulation | Tow Bar | Frame Connectors | Spyder Tail Lights | Lift Pads | HD Trunk Springs | Miles: 29K

Last edited by SaberOne; 04-26-2019 at 07:09 AM. Reason: more to say...
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 09:52 AM

Do it, your car donít ďsaveĒ it for someone else. I think going with a reputable builder like Lingenfelter or Livernois Motor Sports is the way to go unless you value the time and effort to do the work yourself more...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Don't get stuck on stupid."

Career politicians suck; that doesnít mean the rest of us have to as well.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 10:57 AM

Garage
I cannot speak to packages as mine is still stock, but the day will come and it will be glorious! To each their own though, and while there may be those who frown upon one thing or another, I think as a community we all still appreciate these cars regardless of each other's preference towards making it their own... well maybe not that one with 24" wheels SMH

2017 Chevy SS - HW - Stick Hole Blowie-Ma-Tron

"I prefer the sound of money exploding through the speakers my exhaust system"

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaZoom View Post
I am new to this forum, Messed up my initial attempt at an introduction, so here goes again. I have visited occasionally since I bought my '17 Orange Blast - (sunroof, no spare, automatic) SS. It has never seen rain or snow. I live in southern Illinois and I only have about 2700 miles on it since I bought it in December of '17. I traveled a couple hundred miles to get it. I think I bought the last new SS. in the state of Illinois. (At least all the research I did at the time indicated that was the case.) I consider myself lucky to get it. I am still working at 70, and enjoy staying busy. I am torn between keeping this one completely pure, or getting the 650 horsepower Lingenfelter upgrade package. I don't know whether to do it or not. Wish I knew someone who has had the package installed on their SS. A little concerned that the modification would be frowned upon by purists, but I think I would like to have it done. Could do the work myself, but my thinking is that the Lingenfelter name might be a plus, should I ever decide to sell it ( no plans to do so any time soon.) Would like to hear from anyone who has thoughts on the matter. Good to be among this group. Cheers,

I live in Washington, IL and bought my 2017 M6 in Cavalier, ND on Nov 15, 2017. I drove the 1000 miles home, too! I got one of the last new 2017 manuals in US, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Chevrolet SS; RH2, 6M, Sunroof, Full-size spare, #53 of 58 built in 2017
Modifications: Roto Fab CAI, MGW shifter, LatheWerks shift knob, Redlinegoods shift boot, complete external Holden badge/black trim conversion, Holden racing stripes, black powdercoated rims, Solo Axle Street Race cat-back exhaust
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 12:03 PM

Let me add my voice to the chorus--DO IT! You will thoroughly enjoy driving the car with the extra power...
Dsmer1 likes this.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 01:50 PM

Welcome!

2014 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare. #21 of 3527, 1 of 144 in MG, #2 of 60 as optioned (sold).

2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare. #555 of 2221, 1 of 76 in Mystic Green, #9 of 18 as optioned, One of 12,924 total built

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP, MSM, 6M. #715 of 1829

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP, MSM, 6A. #807 of 1829

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page