C8 pricing - Chevy SS Forum
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

C8 pricing

In case you missed the email today:

https://www.chevrolet.com/content/da...ricing_PDF.pdf

Gets might pricey quick.

Remember all the price increases between the intro price and the end of the first year the C7 ???

I know someone who ordered a C7 the first day you could get an order accepted and by the time it was built, one of the first VINS, the price was $2K higher on the sticker. Price protection saved him the $2K.
speedrye and ESindon like this.

2017 SIM ROOFLESS SPARE AUTO UNSULLIED
2,701st of 4,008 built 2-5-2017
12th of 17 built as configured
1 of the 17 totaled.

2014 SIM ROOFLESS - Traded
2,703rd customer car built
1 of 73 ROOFLESS SIM customer built cars
1 of 78 total ROOFLESS SIM in US when including the 5 roofless SIM GM internal cars sold as used.
1 of the 78 is confirmed dead and unrecoverable.

I don't do lazy or stupid.
Proudly politically incorrect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 02:28 PM

Appears the base 1LT with no options is the REAL bargain.
StickshiftSSedan likes this.

* Tony *

Bartlesville, OK

2015 SS PBM (auto/roof/spare)
2011 Silverado Crew Red (12" lift)
1997 WS6 Trans Am M6 Red
1993 Porsche 928 GTS Auto Black
1987 Mustang GT Red (T-tops, Saleen clone)
1986 Saleen Mustang #63 M5 Red
1976 AMC Gremlin (under construction)
1967 Lincoln Continental (suicide doors, tore down)
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 02:30 PM

As If!!!!

There was the general but unmentioned caveat bantered about at the West Coast Reveal,,, couple of weeks ago,,, regarding the BASE car on display!!!! There wont be more than an actual handful of those produced. Kinda like the old Homolgation production cars (Daytona/Superbird, Hurst 300's,,,,,) done for the minimum qualification standards.

When you are done specing the only correct variant,,, which is always to,,,,,, CHECK EVERY LAST OPTION BOX,,,,, It will set you back around 95 to 100+++!!! That was/is of course,,, the plan all along now after all,,, isn't it!!! Besides,,,, who in their right mind wouldn't want it as a 3LT anyway!!!!

CB750 and Taze like this.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 02:33 PM

Actually its not too crazy if you can avoid all the tacky carbon fiber bits.

I never understood replacing a piece of plastic with carbon fiber. Clearly you didn't need it to be strong, it isn't getting measurably lighter, its for the looks. Its purely show off money. I feel like exposed carbon fiber is this generation's chrome.

I'm probably an outlier though...

Chevy did take a page from Porsche on the prices and configurations though. I think that was a very smart move.

2016 Chevy SS 6MT HW
1971 240z 5MT
2015 BMW i3 (wife's Car)
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchfoot View Post
Actually its not too crazy if you can avoid all the tacky carbon fiber bits.

I never understood replacing a piece of plastic with carbon fiber. Clearly you didn't need it to be strong, it isn't getting measurably lighter, its for the looks. Its purely show off money. I feel like exposed carbon fiber is this generation's chrome.

Chevy did take a page from Porsche on the prices and configurations though. I think that was a very smart move.
Agreed. CF is overrated and overused at this point from a cosmetic perspective. I personally do not find it attractive. I would much rather have interior bits covered in Leather. I hope the CF interior fad dies soon.
Clutchfoot and boomer99 like this.

* Tony *

Bartlesville, OK

2015 SS PBM (auto/roof/spare)
2011 Silverado Crew Red (12" lift)
1997 WS6 Trans Am M6 Red
1993 Porsche 928 GTS Auto Black
1987 Mustang GT Red (T-tops, Saleen clone)
1986 Saleen Mustang #63 M5 Red
1976 AMC Gremlin (under construction)
1967 Lincoln Continental (suicide doors, tore down)
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchfoot View Post
...I feel like exposed carbon fiber is this generation's chrome...
I'm somewhere in the middle. I like chrome on some things, like my particular SS, but think @Kannon's SS and others look great without it. Same with new pickup trucks. I like the painted grilles and bumpers (except the inevitable rock chips and associated rust) better than chrome.
Besides, I thought that this generation's chrome was Plasti-dip...
Clutchfoot and SpeedySS like this.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
As for the pricing of the C8, if you check every box and come up with $100k (don't really know), then are you not getting a car to compete with a world class supercar for a fraction of the cost of most cars considered to be in that class? That's pretty impressive. That's also before the Z0's and the ZR's and all of Z fun starts. More money? Oh yeah. Perhaps competing with the best of the best? I would guess that you may not be competing with them, as you would probably be considered one of them, probably still well under the price of most. That's pretty freakin' cool.
yankees25 likes this.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

3lt is over rated I go for the 2lt everything but the fancy leather c7 3lt leather dashes are peeling off. 2lt plus nav and I have everything but the leather problem. 3000 price increase ton 7000 on 2lt includes nav plus lane departure mirrors with warning lights back up mirror is actual camera.
z51vett
Doug
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 10:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by protraxduner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchfoot:

"I never understood replacing a piece of plastic with carbon fiber. Clearly you didn't need it to be strong, it isn't getting measurably lighter, its for the looks. Its purely show off money. I feel like exposed carbon fiber is this generation's chrome.

Chevy did take a page from Porsche on the prices and configurations though. I think that was a very smart move."

Agreed. CF is overrated and overused at this point from a cosmetic perspective. I personally do not find it attractive. I would much rather have interior bits covered in Leather. I hope the CF interior fad dies soon Agreed. CF is overrated and overused at this point from a cosmetic perspective. I personally do not find it attractive. I would much rather have interior bits covered in Leather. I hope the CF interior fad dies soon.
I don't mind good quality non-gloss plastic. Plastic is the most functional material for car interior. I'd take fake non-gloss CF over chrome just to kill the bling, and likely also over piano black (which I have in my VF to start with, plus to replace the chrome pieces). Never understood the piano black stuff either. $hit inside cars should not be shiny/reflective, period.
I'm likely even more of an outlier, but I don't get leather in cars either. I love my medium rare rib-eyes but prefer my cars vegan.
(Apologies for perpetuating the derail. I know this is supposed to be about C8 pricing... :sorry

Obligatory disclaimer: Unless expressly stated to the contrary therein, all my posts always represent only my own personal opinion(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Black, 6M, sunroof, custom wheels & spare, CAGS defeat, Holden badging, black trim
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 10:55 PM

Garage
It's just like we said. By the time its optioned up with Z51, MRC, etc etc. it'll be $75-80K and up from there. Just watched a video where a Chevy salesman maxed one out with every option and got it to $100,700.00. And that doesn't include dealer markup and Z06 version. Plus he talked about the order dates and what they meant and went on to say it'll be a year to get the car a person builds. I'd post the video but he's annoying as heck.

2017 PBM, Auto Trans, Sunroof & Spare, All Stock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page