C8 pricing - Page 2 - Chevy SS Forum
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirnoff67 View Post
It's just like we said. By the time its optioned up with Z51, MRC, etc etc. it'll be $75-80K and up from there. Just watched a video where a Chevy salesman maxed one out with every option and got it to $100,700.00. And that doesn't include dealer markup and Z06 version. Plus he talked about the order dates and what they meant and went on to say it'll be a year to get the car a person builds. I'd post the video but he's annoying as heck.
Sounds like the Chevy Dude salesman? I just subbed to his channel a couple weeks ago. He can get a little annoying sometimes but I appreciate the info he provides and his enthusiasm.

wilkin4 likes this.

#31 of 44 Perfect Blue 6M w/ roof, spare | Eibach Pro-kit | 19" VMR V718 | Solo Performance Axle-back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 01:34 AM

Garage
The sweet spot has always been the 2LT cars with some good options. My 3LT C7 was an $80K car that I was able to pick up for almost half the price after four years. I will probably do the same with the C8.

Ideally, I would like a 2LT, GT2 Seats, Z51, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler which would be in the low to mid $70s sticker.

I think the price is still cheaper than what people were thinking. Rumors are still being spread around that oil changes will be $500 and normal maintenance will require the engine being dropped. SMH...
ESindon and pottypants like this.

- Jeff
2015 Corvette Z51 3LT: 8AT, Velocity Yellow, COMP Seat, Carbon Roof & Dash, & More
SOLD 2015 SS: #2868 built, #21 of 24 As Optioned
6MT, Sunroof, Spare, SLIHRM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15SuperSport View Post
Perhaps competing with the best of the best? I would guess that you may not be competing with them, as you would probably be considered one of them, probably still well under the price of most. That's pretty freakin' cool.
Similar to owning a Chevy SS Sports Sedan? Tremendous bang for the buck?

it's socially unacceptable to be ahead of your time.
The White Lion: 2015 Heron White, sunroof, spare. two pedals, two paddles, #73 of 277 as configured, #827 of 3,168 built
No mods: 100% Houston Stock

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Well my Z06 was about 89000 because of auto and gas guzzler tax that's 3000 combined. I have no carbon fiber or the expensive side skirts or splitter. I've seen GS cost more than Z because of all the add on,s. I have no use for fluff oh look at me I got carbon fiber I want the car and go fast don't need a drag queen. The problem price increase over C7 2lt is justified because it now contains Nav and performance recorder 1700 option on my Z also add was lane departure warning, backup mirror in other words your rear view mirror is a camera, the mirrors have the warning lights in them so much more verse C7. Bet I buy Z06 close to what mine listed for. In other words no trans cost or add on for Nav that was as I said 3000 and 1700. Base Z was 71,000' so I will se if I own one or not z that listed for over 90 were not flying off the lots.
z51vett
Doug

Last edited by z51vett; 08-17-2019 at 08:03 AM.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereInTX View Post
The sweet spot has always been the 2LT cars with some good options. My 3LT C7 was an $80K car that I was able to pick up for almost half the price after four years. I will probably do the same with the C8.

I think the price is still cheaper than what people were thinking. Rumors are still being spread around that oil changes will be $500 and normal maintenance will require the engine being dropped. SMH...

Same for me, give the car time to be put thru its paces and get those off lease deals.

you gotta pay for the <3 sec 0-60 somewhere. if its $500 oil changes once a year i can live with it. but i will say it better have a manual dipstick too.

dropping the engine, prob comes with the territory, just wondering was the fiero the same way ?

ppp

Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS > Grand Am GT > Nissan Maxima > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude > Infiniti G35 > BMW E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec > Chevy SS > LC 500, Hyundai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX > Hyundai Tucson sport
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iratollah View Post
Similar to owning a Chevy SS Sports Sedan? Tremendous bang for the buck?
Not to derail the thread, a simple add on to Iratollah's comment.... Although Doug DeMuro's review of the SS was not totally accurate (as others have noted.. example: he claimed the hood vents were non-functional), however, if I recall correctly, the SS may have been the first (and possibly only) car he has rated as a 10/10 on value. No need for the Doug haters to weigh in now....
z51vett, iratollah and wilkin4 like this.

Last edited by NebraskaSS; 08-16-2019 at 10:05 AM.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 12:30 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirnoff67 View Post
It's just like we said. By the time its optioned up with Z51, MRC, etc etc. it'll be $75-80K and up from there. Just watched a video where a Chevy salesman maxed one out with every option and got it to $100,700.00. And that doesn't include dealer markup and Z06 version. Plus he talked about the order dates and what they meant and went on to say it'll be a year to get the car a person builds. I'd post the video but he's annoying as heck.
Sounds like the Chevy Dude salesman? I just subbed to his channel a couple weeks ago. He can get a little annoying sometimes but I appreciate the info he provides and his enthusiasm.

You nailed it bud.

2017 PBM, Auto Trans, Sunroof & Spare, All Stock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page