Imagine a Chevy based on CT5 - 4-door Camaro, anyone? - Chevy SS Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By PFWiz

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

Imagine a Chevy based on CT5 - 4-door Camaro, anyone?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...paign=16313775

Not starting rumors....and don't really believe the ergonomics of a revised Alpha (CT5 is "in between" CTS & ATS) would be suitable for a number of us over-6'/over 250# body types.

Too early to guess whether a non-Caddy spinoff could happen, just fun to wish or imagine that it would, but not too likely on Ms. Barra's watch.

Bill Harper

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 06:41 AM

They need to make that grille badge just a little bigger...

2017 Chevy SS in Orange Blast Metallic
#275 of 4,008 built (#8 of 131 as configured)
Holden conversion (grill, emblems, center caps, airbag)
lion sill plates
Homelink (Thanks, Snakey!)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 07:00 AM

One of the reasons that my wife and I have a SS instead of the CTS is size. The CTS is noticeably smaller inside than our SSs. My rule of thumb is that I (6' - 275 lbs) have to be able to comfortably fit in the back seat. It is the first thing we check when looking for a new car and any car that fails is done.
We are empty nesters. We only transport our adult friends in the back seat. Any car that cannot do that is useless to us.
Also the Alpha platform is much narrower than our Zeta 2's are. This proposed car would be smaller than a Malibu...
SilverSport likes this.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 07:01 AM

So long as that C-pillar design is gone, I'd almost consider it. Same design element the last generation Volt had, just flipped over and moved from the bottom of the A-pillar to the bottom of the C-pillar. Still ugly on both cars. The rest of the car is decent looking.

2016 HW 5 wheels, 4 doors, 3 pedals #2060, #43 of 50
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFWiz View Post
This proposed car would be smaller than a Malibu...
It just makes me wonder what the designers are using as their target(s) for vehicle size and who fits in what....so I'm very happy with my Caprice, with its HUGE back seat, and won't be replacing it any time soon.

Bill Harper

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Lifer View Post
It just makes me wonder what the designers are using as their target(s) for vehicle size and who fits in what....so I'm very happy with my Caprice, with its HUGE back seat, and won't be replacing it any time soon.

Midgets! Oh wait, we're not allowed to say that anymore...

You make a good point. I'm short and fit in most all vehicles, but so many feel claustrophobic to me still. It's like they're intentionally sabotaging sedans in an effort to sell more SUVs.

2016 HW 5 wheels, 4 doors, 3 pedals #2060, #43 of 50
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 09:02 AM
SLA

Our ATS worked fine for us when we were a family of 3. I'm 6'7" and was actually pretty comfortable in the driver's seat, sunroof and all. No one could ever fit behind me though. We had a base model CTS loaner and it was a great car as well, but also fell short in the rear legroom category.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 09:24 AM

I love the look of the CTS and like the CT5 (minus the weird c-pillar thingy) but its smaller than the SS. With a bunch of kidlets I need all the back seat room I can get. The SS is a good bit wider (more hip room) so more space for carseats. I would love a replacement SS in a few years, but fear the car will not fit my family's needs.

The CT6 has a nice big, wide and deep, backseat. But the driving experience of the 3.0TT just doesn't compare to the SS.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page