Chevy SS Forum banner

Whipple - Synergy Motorsports Intake.

12K views 48 replies 18 participants last post by  mike929 
#1 ·
Who's going to be running the new Whipple intake by synergy motorsports and the NW102 boosted TB? I ordered my setup and cannot wait to see what magic happens. It opens up the intake to 4.5" all the way out no longer restricting because of that OEM MAF tube and goes to the LS7 maf. The more pre-rotor air the better for these big ass monsters. Should be fun. On a side note i have a 3.25" pulley and a 4.00" pulley i no longer need if someone shopping for more boosties or going back to stock whipple.

Reactions: R1perry
#3 ·
#7 · (Edited)
With a Whipple you cant run an intake down into the bumper as the IC reservoir is down there. Also its a PD blower, temps coming into the filter aren't near as big of a deal like NA cars as the air is cooled after the fact right before entering the motor, Rick Hollenback is top notch and knows exactly what he's doing. the tubing sits where all OEM intakes filters lay. Heres a couple pics of his first one installed on a customers car. It will be a big advantage over the typical whipple elbow, restrictive maf, inferior filter setup whether it be rotofab, airraid or oem and not to mention the perfect prerequisite to opening up to the 102mm throttle body to let these big boys eat.

My car will be hitting the dyno sometime next week if all goes as planned and i'll divulge my results then. Im 14PSI, Longtubes, NW102 boosted, this new intake, E85, id1050x injectors and the DSX aux fuel system.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Grille

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

#8 ·
I don't know much about anything but yes from an idle and in hot temperatures the engine bay air is probably hot as anything. But as soon as you start moving and it really starts pulling in air in my mind the temps have to decrease. Just the volume of air being sucked in it needs to come from somewhere.

#9 ·
Yep. They drastically reduce once moving. my current setup is a whipple elbow to an airraid filter with the shield and IATs will climb at idle but drop quicky once moving fresh air. This puppy gonna EAT some air.

Reactions: 41AH24
#11 ·
You definitely could. You’d probably triple the price to pull that off tho. For minimal improvement at best. Building , designing and relocating a new aluminum reservoir ( which also is the mount for IC pump, washer fluid and IC fluid res. ) and running new lines, having a one off intake made, powdercoated, tested for MAF air quality reading etc. you’d be out a pretty fat penny I’d bet. Most don’t want to shell out $1000+ for just a cold air setup. We will see how well she performs in a couple weeks. ?

This also is made specific for this car/blower setup.

#13 ·
Me too! My TB out for delivery. Hopefully i'll get the re-tune started by next week. Then off to the dyno for polishing the tune after that. Put the intake together last night and HOLY ISH its huge. lol.. makes a rotofab look like a baby airsucker.

#14 ·
Waiting for my whipple adapter to get here for the 102. Mocked up the intake with the stock Tb coupler just to see what it looks like installed and it’s a massive intake compared to whipple elbow and air raid setup. Look where oem maf area is. Cannot wait to let it eat next week. Startup tune with the 102 And ls7 maf is in my inbox waiting patiently on me.

Attachments

#18 ·
it looks like the clamp was overtightened? and the heat caused softening it and bent it. It could be a bad batch elbow...

#39 ·
Check out my last post.

#29 ·
As promised, wheel out and pics :)

Bit hard to make things out 'cause I've lined the entire wheel well with dynamat to reduce sound coming in from there.

And only one 044 running at present, system is ready for the next step up in power..

VF R8 LS3, Harrop 2300 FDFI, 1⅞ coated headers, 3" catback, 4L reservoir, 3L surge, 575rwhp

#28 ·
I am in for results on this.

#32 ·
Well, Intake is in 102 plate is on and NW102 boosted mounted up. Startup tune completed and a couple driving tunes done and a partial WOT today. MASSIVE improvement already and we're not even close to polishing this sucker off. I'll be getting the car on the dyno once we get close to finalize and complete the tune. Here's a couple pics of this sexy thang.:devil

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Engine Vehicle Auto part Car Automotive super charger part

Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Fuel line

#33 · (Edited)
While I gave up on my monster build, I have to say; this package is super sweet and very clean looking. Even so, my mother always told me that I would go through life, pushing on doors that say 'pull.' Currently looking for something less powerful and unique, but not necessarily less challenging.

Reactions: Wheelhopper
#36 ·
Just saw this, Results are completed, been driving it a while now, moving to the NW102 boosted and this intake we were able to add a lot more timing, fuel and obviously alot more airflow. I definitely notice a positive difference. My tuner, Chuck Anders @ Houston House of Power, had good things to say about the readings and logs he was seeing with the intake, maf frequency etc. I have not had the car on rollers but its a definite improvement.

#38 ·
With all this intake talk about IAT's ... I decided to be silly... I put Synergy Motorsports knowledge to a test ( Rick Hollenback is a huge wealth of knowledge, you should test him and you'll know why buying from him is worth it)...

I did back to back driving logs ( only 30 minutes each ) should have done longer and I may just for shits and giggles one day.
Lowering IAT’s was the “end game”

1. Using his whipple intake and nw102 boosted. 30 minute log
2. Using his whipple intake and nw102 boosted HOWEVER: This time I milled our the inlet of my AIRRAID heat shielding and fitted it to Rick Hollenback’s intake....

I was right!!! I saw .1-.2 degrees of IAT change... if that is actually even that accurate or considered a change. Lolol DANGIT!

So yes. He could make you a heat shield to make you feel better about yourself, make it fancy color and then charge even more for the intake and remember, "just to make you feel better about yourself." ?

Looks way better without in my opinion. Definitely took that off ASAP.

Thank you SYNERGY for your wealth of knowledge and proving me and a lot of other minds wrong. You are the real MVP.

Zach

#41 ·
Sorry man guess I don’t have the street cred yet to send you a direct message
Hey what’s up man I’m Luis out of Vegas just joined the Ss page but I seen your response to someone on the forum how’s your experience with your whipple What kind of power are you seeing from 14 pounds I’m also thinking about getting the 4 1/2 intake. You have looks sweet.
any quarter-mile times 60ft converter?

I have a 2015 some like it hot red metallic Ss
It’s auto
have BTR PDS STG 3 cam
whipple kit
3200-3400 circle D converter
injector Dynamic 1050cc
Kook 2 in headers
also going to get DSX aux and e85 kit

#42 ·