Installed Livernois Tune - Page 8 - Chevy SS Forum
 203Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 11:30 AM

I FINALLY! just go the new tune put on my SS... I have had an LMS tune for years on my SS and was happy, put on the new updated tune on, which i believe was mainly a tranny update and .....WOW way better, firmer, harder shifting

* Tony *

Bartlesville, OK

2015 SS PBM (auto/roof/spare)
2011 Silverado Crew Red (12" lift)
1997 WS6 Trans Am M6 Red
1993 Porsche 928 GTS Auto Black
1987 Mustang GT Red (T-tops, Saleen clone)
1986 Saleen Mustang #63 M5 Red
1976 AMC Gremlin (under construction)
1967 Lincoln Continental (suicide doors, tore down)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 01:19 PM

Another Livernois happy customer here! (even with my rear tires budget in red!!
Armin DeFiesta likes this.

2015 Commodore VF - Palm Harbor, FL
One of Eleven 2015's
CAI, 1 7/8" Headers + Full 3" Exhaust, Tune

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #73 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 02:59 PM

The only reason I would do a tune, would be to modify the A6 behavior. Unfortunately, a tune would also change more than that. So with the fear of losing warranty and not being able to smog the car, I won't be doing a tune. B.

2015 Chevy SS SLIHRM auto spare sunroof VCM OTRCAI
2013 Taurus SHO Deep Impact Blue auto spare sunroof
1969 Mach 1 "R" Code Royal Maroon auto white interior

post #74 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenBruce View Post
The only reason I would do a tune, would be to modify the A6 behavior. Unfortunately, a tune would also change more than that. So with the fear of losing warranty and not being able to smog the car, I won't be doing a tune. B.

Understood Bruce, but be aware, since you're here in CA the car will not need to be smogged until 8 years from its date of purchase which gives you some leeway. The warranty considerations do remain though.

wilkin4 likes this.

2016 HW M6, no roof, no spare!
post #75 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 08:09 PM

Tru Dat. But a tune would leave a foot print if there ended up being any warranty issues. I have a FICM tune in my diesel truck that has set a code but no CEL. The smog guys never find it or never mention it because it passes each time. B.

2015 Chevy SS SLIHRM auto spare sunroof VCM OTRCAI
2013 Taurus SHO Deep Impact Blue auto spare sunroof
1969 Mach 1 "R" Code Royal Maroon auto white interior
post #76 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 09:01 PM
Supporting Vendor

we love seeing these threads come back to life with good feedback, thanks for the support everyone!
post #77 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 07:04 PM

This is a good tune which definately makes a difference in the driveability of the car. As others have stated, the change to the behaviour of the transmission is night and day. Unfortunately, there is one item that I was not aware when I purchased the unit. Consider this a PSA.

The unit is tied to the vehicle via the VIN number. If the tune is pulled off of the vehicle and back into the unit, it still remains tied via the VIN. If you sell the vehicle with the stock tune, as I recently did, and want to sell the unit to another SS owner, that owner needs to pay $300 to Livernois to have them reset/reconfigure/relicense the unit. So I'm currently trying to sell the unit for $200 while the new owner would need to pay $300, total to the new owner would be $500. About $100 cheaper than a new unit sold by Livernois. A few people have contacted me about the unit and once I explain everything to them, they back out as they think it's a shady transaction.

So, in case you didn't know this, now you do. FYI

Having said that, I have a tuner I'm selling for $200 plus postage...
post #78 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbvlink View Post
This is a good tune which definately makes a difference in the driveability of the car. As others have stated, the change to the behaviour of the transmission is night and day. Unfortunately, there is one item that I was not aware when I purchased the unit. Consider this a PSA.

The unit is tied to the vehicle via the VIN number. If the tune is pulled off of the vehicle and back into the unit, it still remains tied via the VIN. If you sell the vehicle with the stock tune, as I recently did, and want to sell the unit to another SS owner, that owner needs to pay $300 to Livernois to have them reset/reconfigure/relicense the unit. So I'm currently trying to sell the unit for $200 while the new owner would need to pay $300, total to the new owner would be $500. About $100 cheaper than a new unit sold by Livernois. A few people have contacted me about the unit and once I explain everything to them, they back out as they think it's a shady transaction.

So, in case you didn't know this, now you do. FYI

Having said that, I have a tuner I'm selling for $200 plus postage...
Your prospective purchasers don't know anything about their tune. All they have to do is contact them to verify.

You need to put this post in the for sale section.

2017 SIM ROOFLESS SPARE AUTO UNSULLIED
2,701st of 4,008 built 2-5-2017
12th of 17 built as configured

2014 SIM ROOFLESS - Traded
2,703rd customer car built
1 of 73 ROOFLESS SIM customer built cars
1 of 78 total ROOFLESS SIM in US when including the 5 roofless SIM GM internal cars sold as used.
1 of the 78 is confirmed dead and unrecoverable.

I don't do lazy or stupid.
Proudly politically incorrect.
post #79 of 116 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 02:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenBruce View Post
Good decision, if you don't plan the keep the car past the 5 year powertrain warranty, but it won't hurt the smog ability.

Meanwhile, I had the aggressive+ tuning, as it applys to the transmission programming. It truly is aggressive and a night and day difference in transmission shifting performance. I liked the shift performance at full throttle, but, quite honestly, during moderate driving it was a bit much, for an Ol'Dude. I even thought about installing a Hi-stall torque converter to soften the shifts a little bit. But, instead, I contacted Livernois by e-mail, and they advised me that I could scale the transmission tuning back to "aggressive" without the +. There is also a performace tune for the trans, below that.

So, they loaded the aggressive tune for me and I installed it last night. It seems perfect! I can still get 2nd gear scratch on full throttle upshifts, moderate shifts are still quick, but less harsh. I drove with the other tune for 6 months, let's see how this one goes.

Previous vehicles:
2015 Cadillac SRX Premium(current wifes car)
2003 Silverado(SOLD 12/2019)
1991 454SS(stolen)
2002 Infiniti Q45(traded in on SS)
1988 Mazda RX7-Anniversary Edition
1986 Mazda RX7 Sport(race car)
1983 Mazda GLC(race car)
1973 Mazda RX2(race car)
1981 Mazda GSL(bought new)
2007 Cadillac STS-V
1999 Cadille Seville STS
1995 Cadillac Eldorado
1990 Cadillac Eldorado
2002 TransAm Firehawk
1977 TransAm - Black and Gold Bandit Ed.
...that's far enough
post #80 of 116 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:22 PM

Anyone with real world experience tune + M6?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page