TopCoat F11 Review - Page 2 - Chevy SS Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
UPDATE!

Final thoughts about TopCoat F11, and a little exterior mod at the end.
6SpdManualSilver likes this.

The Chevrolet SS YouTube Channel - LIKE, SHARE, SUBSCRIBE!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Built 4/25/16
- #33 of 35 Red Hot 2 | Auto | Sunroof | Inflator
- Roto-fab CAI, American Racing Headers 1 7/8"+ X-pipe, Catch Can, Livernois Tune - 93 Perf HDRS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Not the SS, but I gave the GTI some TopCoat F11 attention as well. It has not been washed in 4 weeks either, just rain and Topcoat. 3 coats so far.

SilverSport, Drone and NS324 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Built 4/25/16
- Roto-fab CAI, American Racing Headers 1 7/8"+ X-pipe, Catch Can, Livernois Tune - 93 Perf HDRS
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 11:26 AM

What brand of sponge is that used Armin?

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome Johnny Eightball!

Martin
2014 SS, Heron White, A6, no mods, #3334 of MY2014
and 41 of 41 as built of the 534 HW. Born on Feb 6, 2014.
2016 Silverado 1500 LTZ CC Summit White.
Chevy SS Production & Sales Info for All Years can be found here:

Direct link to spreadsheet here:

post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-15-2017, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Eightball View Post
What brand of sponge is that used Armin?
Car Wash Wedge I got from Adams Polishes http://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-wash-wedge.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Built 4/25/16
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
TopCoat F11 Review

UPDATE: Haven't had time to do a video, but wanted to share my overall feedback about TopCoat F11.

After two months of using TopCoat F11 I am going back to my normal car care routine. I think F11 does a great job producing a nice quality shine. But it didn't really do much more than that, at least not to my satisfaction. Sure it repelled some dirt and water, but after some time, it wasn't anything to write home about. Sure it saved some time from my weekly routine, but not for long (started using it about 2 months ago) as the F11 "clean" condition just wasn't as satisfying as a real two-bucket wash. And when I followed instructions to clean it with F11 and microfiber towels (like one would do with waterless wash), it just didn't feel completely clean. TopCoat states that it gets better the more you apply. But even after applying more layers to "clean" and maintain the shine, it did not get much easier to clean off bugs/dirt like they claim LOL. Not to mention some light scratches that inherently come from this spray-and-wipe-ONLY process. But maybe it was my technique - no one's perfect!

Since I had my usual sealants/waxes already on the car, TopCoat states that after 1 or 2 applications, F11 will start working through that product. Hence why I applied multiple layers - a total of 5 layers with the occasional quick wipe down of F11 in between. I also followed TopCoat instructions to just wash the car with water, and only water. After two months of using it, I'm not sold on that method at all.

So after giving F11 a try, I decided it was time to go back to the traditional hand wash methods/detailing processes I've been doing for a long time. I'll say in my humble opinion, F11 makes a great waterless wash product that gives my car a real nice shine. OR a nice detail spray replacement for that ultimate shine after a hand wash, although an expensive one. But after 5 coats, and some random applications in between, the resulting appearance is no better than using my good old detail spray, waterless wash, spray wax, regular wax, etc. which are usually less expensive! But I still do feel the F11 just has that nicer quality of shine than some products I've used in the past. But not nice enough for me to spend $60 on a single 16oz bottle.

If you use TopCoat F11 and it's working well for you, then by all means, keep on going! I think we all have different levels of expectations of acceptable results - to each their own. So, as I said from the start, I took one for the team and gave it a shot. For me nothing beats a good two-bucket wash and proper technique for that satisfying clean. In fact, last week I polished my SS with my Adams Swirl Killer and Correcting Polish to get my paint back to fresh status Yesterday I gave it a good 2 bucket hand wash, then some Adams H20 Guard & Gloss, then some Meguiars carnauba wax.

Hope this helps others to decide on their own. Happy detailing!

austinb, RenegadeSS, NS324 and 2 others like this.

Built 4/25/16

Last edited by Armin DeFiesta; 09-17-2017 at 11:16 PM.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 10:02 AM

Thx Arm in. I just put on my first coat yesterday on my black tundra crewmax. I buffed the vehicle first with 1st cut meguiers. It does have a beautiful shine to it. I too will monitor my satisfaction. Thanks for the location of the Adams sponge. I have one on the way. TY...
Armin DeFiesta likes this.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Johnny!

Currently:
2017 SS OBM, A6, w/Spare & Roof
2010 Colorado Z71 4X4 5.3 V8
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 02:22 PM

TOPCOAT F11 is currently on sale for $59.97. Just a heads up for anyone wanting to hop on a deal.

https://topcoat.store/collections/we...b-special-kits
Armin DeFiesta likes this.

*Brotherhood of Lions*

2016 MYSS

* RotoFab Intake
* Diablo Tuned
* Firestone Indy 500 Tires
* ZL1Addons Rear Wicker Bill
* Vanity Build Plaque
* Holden Conversion
* Front Carbon Lip
* Black Oem Wheels
---------------------------------------
-Future Mods-

* Headers
* ZL1Addons Splitter

post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 08:22 AM

Armin, thanks for the review.

For someone with zero time and a car that never sees indoors (in New Jersey no less) would this product be a good solution to min/max keeping my car clean with minimal effort and time spent?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page