Kooks or ARH? - Chevy SS Forum
 47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Kooks or ARH?

I don't know, both sound great to me. Although both SS's I was in had different personalities.

I think I want headers now. Who wants to sponsor the Red SS with them? Lol Even though Im satisfied with my @Roto-Fab cold air intake and awesome tune from @LivernoisMotorsports I think long tubes will complete my LS3. What do yall think?

@RDP Store has some great sales going on and a discount code md10d on American Racing Headers so Im swaying towards those. But I seem to hear more SS owners going for Kooks, any thoughts on that guys?

It was great to see everyone at today's SS meet, despite the rain, 14 SS's showed up. Thanks again to Joe @05on20s for organizing!
Taze, 05on20s, SaberOne and 1 others like this.

The Chevrolet SS YouTube Channel - LIKE, SHARE, SUBSCRIBE!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Built 4/25/16
- #33 of 35 Red Hot 2 | Auto | Sunroof | Inflator
- Roto-fab CAI, American Racing Headers 1 7/8"+ X-pipe, Catch Can, Livernois Tune - 93 Perf HDRS

Last edited by Armin DeFiesta; 07-22-2018 at 07:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 09:47 AM

Garage
I do not have headers however I was looking into getting them so I went to the area's premiere speed shop to see what they suggested. Virginia Speed Virginia Speed Inc. They said they prefer Kooks Long Tube Headers on LS engines for the best HP gains. Also, they suggested power coating them to keep underhood temps down. Take it for what it is worth.
Check out their web site and the G8's they have modified. They really wanted to get their hands on our SS. I am still thinking about it, I just have to figure out how to get them on Susie's SS without her knowing about it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 Chevy SS
Born: 09/23/2013
Build No. 1174
40 of 249 Heron White
Sunroof and Spare Tire
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 10:46 AM

I love my ARH Headers, and they are the only one who I know offers 2" primaries. However I like that Kooks redesigned their system to fit with the factory tunnel brace, and they offer "green cats" which are made to not set a check engine light.
Both are equally great choices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Armin DeFiesta likes this.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 11:08 AM

Kooks. This is my 3rd set of LTs from them and never once had issues with fitment, leaks etc.

2016 Chevrolet SS in Slipstream Blue Metallic. 6M, Roof, Spare. 1 of 69.

Instagram: Pascy619
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 12:33 PM

Love my Kooks Headers and X Pipe w/green cats. They match up perfectly. Zero drone with stock bi-modals, at any RPM which was a big deal for me.
RRWorker96 and Armin DeFiesta like this.

2016 Chevy SS Build Date: 2/3/2016 Silver, Auto, Sunroof, Inflator (16 of 34) of 2,221 built
LSA Conversion, Roto-Fab Intake, 850CC injectors, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, Kooks X Pipe w/Green Cats, Elite 2 Catch Can, THT Tune
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 01:23 PM

Garage
You honestly can't go wrong with either company. Both make outstanding headers but I will say I like that American Racing headers because you can get 2 " primaries in case you really need that extra room. I think the deciding factor for me was the cost and discount from @rdpstore and then also that the COPO Camaro runs American Racing headers so I figured if it's good enough for that car should be good enough for mine.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The DD: 2006 Honda Civic LX (modded)
The Wife's car: 2012 Mazda CX-9
The Heavy Hauler: 2005 Silverado Ext Cab (modded)
The Toy: 2015 Mystic Green SS, 6spd, sunroof, full spare, Roto-fab intake, VMAX TB, ARH 1-7/8 Long Tubes , Livernois Stage 2 N/A build, Livernois 93 octane tune, and many more goodies.

Last edited by 05on20s; 07-22-2018 at 10:14 PM.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Dodson View Post
Love my Kooks Headers and X Pipe w/green cats. They match up perfectly. Zero drone with stock bi-modals, at any RPM which was a big deal for me.
Exact same set up and experience as Dustin. Only downside is they don't "do a run" of headers for SS's so you might wait months to get them.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 03:46 PM

I wish that I could do headers. Shortys are my only option in CA, which isn't worth it. I need to find new hobbies, this lame state puts a big damper in my 2 favorite things (cars and guns).

2008 TBSS
2001 RCSB Silverado
1972 Cheyenne Short Bed
1955 LS7 2dr Sedan Project
2016 HW M6 SS
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter trash View Post
I do not have headers however I was looking into getting them so I went to the area's premiere speed shop to see what they suggested. Virginia Speed Virginia Speed Inc. They said they prefer Kooks Long Tube Headers on LS engines for the best HP gains. Also, they suggested power coating them to keep underhood temps down. Take it for what it is worth.
Check out their web site and the G8's they have modified. They really wanted to get their hands on our SS. I am still thinking about it, I just have to figure out how to get them on Susie's SS without her knowing about it
Just tell her it has developed an exhaust problem somehow and youre taking it to be fixed.
Armin DeFiesta and NebraskaSS like this.

2016 SS SLIHRM A6, Sunroof, Spare, Snakey Visor

2007 Granite Blue Metallic Silverado Classic K2500 Duramax Allison CCSB, Lots Of Banks Hardware, Diablosport Predator Software

1999 Hugger Orange Z-28 M6 T Tops, K&N In Stock Box, Skip Shift Eliminator, Flowmaster Muffler

1994 Teal Green Silverado C1500 Ext Cab 6.5 TD 4L80-E, K&N In Stock Box, Flowmaster Crossover And Downpipe, 3" Flowmaster, Dual 2.5" Tailpipes
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Dodson View Post
Thank You for this Dustin. That’s the exact setup I want for mine and was wondering about drone, if any. I’d like to hear yours sometime.

By the way Armin, Kooks with Green Cat X-Pipe all the way!

2016 SS SLIHRM A6, Sunroof, Spare, Snakey Visor

2007 Granite Blue Metallic Silverado Classic K2500 Duramax Allison CCSB, Lots Of Banks Hardware, Diablosport Predator Software

1999 Hugger Orange Z-28 M6 T Tops, K&N In Stock Box, Skip Shift Eliminator, Flowmaster Muffler

1994 Teal Green Silverado C1500 Ext Cab 6.5 TD 4L80-E, K&N In Stock Box, Flowmaster Crossover And Downpipe, 3" Flowmaster, Dual 2.5" Tailpipes

Last edited by RRWorker96; 07-22-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page