18Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:13 AM Thread Starter

SOLD: 2017 PBM, 6MT, 3,500 miles - So Cal

SOLD!

So Cal – Pasadena, CA
$42,500
2017 in PBM (Phantom Black Metallic), 6MT, no sunroof, no spare tire, Original owner: 3,xxx miles.
No smoking, No accidents, No animals.

For those interested, more background and the long narrative (to give you a sense of where I’m coming from and how “clean” the car is)

CAR CONDITION:
Car is in perfectly good condition, no accidents, no modifications, completely STOCK, with 2 minor additions (which are totally reversible):
1 - aftermarket spare tire (18 inch MSW)
2 - Chevy bowties sprayed with ‘flat black’ Plasti-Dip (it was my first time spraying, so not perfect, but I didn’t want to bother removing or re-spraying)
Exterior: no scratches, no dents, rims have no scratches. Always garaged, never left my house in the rain (although I have been caught in a few showers). Front plates never mounted so no holes in bumper. Rear plates never mounted, so no DMV stickers applied on plate.
Interior: no stains, no rips, no tears, non-smoker, no animals. Front bolsters are in almost new condition – I make it a point to not smash it while entering/exiting.

DRIVING PATTERN / HABITS:
Obviously this is not my daily driver. I take it out 2 to 3 times per month, occasionally on a Friday to work (where there is a parking structure).
Never taken to track, never abused, I don’t drive it hard. I don’t do burn-outs, or 0-60 runs, or rev to redline.
The farthest the car has gone is South OC (~70 miles), so there are no chips on front bumper or windshield.

CAR CARE:
Since the car is always garaged, I hand wash it about once every 3 mos. In the first 6 or 9 months, it was also covered. I have hand waxed it maybe 3 times. I have not used any chemicals or sprays on the interior (there is no shine or smell from chemical spray); I use duster or damp cloth. It has never been to an outside car wash.
I performed the first oil change at 1 year using Mobil 1 (5w-30) with Mobil 1 oil filter, using a ramp (no jack, no jack stands).
If desired by buyer, I can perform the 2nd oil change (I already have the oil and filter).

REASONS FOR SELLING:
I have come to the decision to sell, for 2 main reasons:
1 – lack of garage space and daily logistical challenges
2 – I will be driving the car even less; it is becoming less reasonable and harder to justify holding onto the SS

I recently upgraded my daily driver (DD), which has created the above 2 problems.
Previously my DD sat outside on the curb, so #1 above was not an issue. My wife never saw it and it was never in anyone’s way. Now both my wife’s SUV and my new DD want to be in the garage. And my driveway is single car width (not double), so our two cars are doing a lot of shuffling and we could really use the spot occupied by the SS…
The previous DD was not a desirable car to drive and there were mileage limits due to the lease terms, so I strictly used it for commuting to work and looked forward to driving my wife’s SUV or the SS. Now on the weekends, my wife and kids prefer to sit in my new DD or my wife’s SUV, so it is apparent I will have less opportunity to drive the SS.

PRICING AND LOGISTICS:
This is not a duress sale. And I have not invested time/money to customize, so I do not believe I have an inflated opinion of my SS. I feel my pricing is fair given the 6MT, low miles, and stock-ness of my SS.
Currently there is a car loan with my credit union, but I can pay off and obtain the title, if that makes a difference to buyer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front1.jpg (341.5 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg FrontLeft1.jpg (249.7 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg Back4.jpg (299.5 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg BackLeft1.jpg (297.7 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg Side.JPG (890.8 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg Underside.jpg (180.7 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg Driver1.jpg (151.3 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg Passenger2.jpg (154.4 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg BackSeat2.jpg (148.6 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg Odometer.jpg (123.1 KB, 66 views)
gbro18, wilkin4, Yoram and 2 others like this.

2017 PBM 6MT

Last edited by Pinetree; 06-14-2019 at 04:36 PM. Reason: vehicle sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 07:26 AM

good luck with sale !
price is what i'd expect to pay for a similar vehicle.

for once I'd LOL if i saw a post that had the following in the for sale description...

this is my daily driver. every gear is redlined to ensure the engine is working to optimal standards, I normally work nights and park it on the street in the industrial district where i work. I never miss the weekly track days, car is SOLID. even though it only has 5,000 miles the replacing 4 sets of tires proves it drives straight with any brand. 0-60 times have consistently gotten better since new! I have used it for Uber and found the gas mileage abit poor at 8mpg. I also rent it via turo and only use 3 star or better customers, all 18 have assured me it was driven with care and love. I always throw my cigarette butts out the window, no burn holes here. I will be honest I have driven the car without warming it up, but this only happened once.

^^ ABOVE IS IN NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH THE OP FOR SALE OF HIS VEHICLE.

im sure a buyer will snap up your car QUICKLY !

gl

ppp
gbro18, wolfpack, ESindon and 3 others like this.

Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS > Grand Am GT > Nissan Maxima > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude > Infiniti G35 > BMW E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec > Chevy SS, Hyundai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX > Hyundai Tucson sport
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:03 PM

Hey Joe,

PM sent.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:04 PM

Driven by a little old lady from Pasadena......
Yoram likes this.

Miami,FL In a van down by the river
2014 Chevrolet SS
Red, sunroof, spare
#3,273 of 3,527 built
#272 of 291
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:49 PM

Garage
never seen the car around Pasadena...guess that's how seldom you drive it...lol

-2015 Eggplant Malibu w/V8 RWD Conversion
-1991 JDM drift machine
-2005 Turbo AWD Camry (Sold)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:29 PM

Songs About PASADENA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkin4 View Post
Driven by a little old lady from Pasadena......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift Motion View Post
never seen the car around Pasadena...guess that's how seldom you drive it...lol
Remember THIS!!!

( As Always,,,,, RIP Jan Berry!!!!)
wilkin4 and Yoram like this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-SS View Post
So Cal – Pasadena, CA
$42,500
2017 in PBM (Phantom Black Metallic), 6MT, no sunroof, no spare tire, Original owner: 3,xxx miles.
No smoking, No accidents, No animals.

For those interested, more background and the long narrative (to give you a sense of where I’m coming from and how “clean” the car is)

CAR CONDITION:
Car is in perfectly good condition, no accidents, no modifications, completely STOCK, with 2 minor additions (which are totally reversible):
1 - aftermarket spare tire (18 inch MSW)
2 - Chevy bowties sprayed with ‘flat black’ Plasti-Dip (it was my first time spraying, so not perfect, but I didn’t want to bother removing or re-spraying)
Exterior: no scratches, no dents, rims have no scratches. Always garaged, never left my house in the rain (although I have been caught in a few showers). Front plates never mounted so no holes in bumper. Rear plates never mounted, so no DMV stickers applied on plate.
Interior: no stains, no rips, no tears, non-smoker, no animals. Front bolsters are in almost new condition – I make it a point to not smash it while entering/exiting.

Obviously this is not my daily driver. I take it out 2 to 3 times per month, occasionally on a Friday to work (where there is a parking structure).
Never taken to track, never abused, I don’t drive it hard. I don’t do burn-outs, or 0-60 runs, or rev to redline.
The farthest the car has gone is South OC (~70 miles), so there are no chips on front bumper or windshield.

CAR CARE:
Since the car is always garaged, I hand wash it about once every 3 mos. In the first 6 or 9 months, it was also covered. I have hand waxed it maybe 3 times. I have not used any chemicals or sprays on the interior (there is no shine or smell from chemical spray); I use duster or damp cloth. It has never been to an outside car wash.
I performed the first oil change at 1 year using Mobil 1 (5w-30) with Mobil 1 oil filter, using a ramp (no jack, no jack stands).
If desired by buyer, I can perform the 2nd oil change (I already have the oil and filter).

REASONS FOR SELLING:
I have come to the decision to sell, for 2 main reasons:
1 – lack of garage space and daily logistical challenges
2 – I will be driving the car even less; it is becoming less reasonable and harder to justify holding onto the SS

I recently upgraded my daily driver (DD), which has created the above 2 problems.
Previously my DD sat outside on the curb, so #1 above was not an issue. My wife never saw it and it was never in anyone’s way. Now both my wife’s SUV and my new DD want to be in the garage. And my driveway is single car width (not double), so our two cars are doing a lot of shuffling and we could really use the spot occupied by the SS…
The previous DD was not a desirable car to drive and there were mileage limits due to the lease terms, so I strictly used it for commuting to work and looked forward to driving my wife’s SUV or the SS. Now on the weekends, my wife and kids prefer to sit in my new DD or my wife’s SUV, so it is apparent I will have less opportunity to drive the SS.

PRICING AND LOGISTICS:
This is not a duress sale. And I have not invested time/money to customize, so I do not believe I have an inflated opinion of my SS. I feel my pricing is fair given the 6MT, low miles, and stock-ness of my SS.
Currently there is a car loan with my credit union, but I can pay off and obtain the title, if that makes a difference to buyer.

Aaahhh, I wish I was in the market right now.....

Obligatory disclaimer: Unless expressly stated to the contrary therein, all my posts always represent only my own personal opinion(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Black, 6M, sunroof, custom wheels & spare, CAGS defeat, Holden badging, black trim
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 08:42 PM

PM Sent
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 03:39 AM

currently deployed and very interested since ill be returning back to Oceanside soon. if you can shoot me at blah rolando segovia55thank you. @gmail
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 06:19 PM

A free ttt, this car is officially out of its second break in period by ~400 miles and is begging to get plenty of carbon blown out of it at high speeds on the freeway.

All the best with your sale. I am trying really hard not to send a PM and buy your MT SS with a great history and low miles then sell my 17 NGM AT which when I bought new I mistakenly chose color over transmission. I dont think I would go under 90 the whole way back to Vegas on the 15 and guarantee I would not allow anyone to pass me except cars with lights on their roof.
wolfpack likes this.

2017 SS NGM - A6, Loaded #251 built - born 10/06/2016
1999 C5 Arctic White 6spd

--------
2015 SS SIM- A6, Loaded #236 built - born 11/05/2014
--red tail dual tip exhaust, partial carbon fiber wrap, slate grey powder coated wheels - (traded in 3/4/17)

2014 Camaro 2SS summit white (sold)
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page