Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaker View Post
Much to my wife's chagrin
work told her not to come in
because of her blight
Bernie will fight
for Hahnemann he is all in

Obligatory disclaimer: Unless expressly stated to the contrary therein, all my posts always represent only my own personal opinion(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Black, 6M, sunroof, custom wheels & spare, CAGS defeat, Holden badging, black trim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 229 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Garage
The Hahnemann Hospital, also used as the teaching hospital for Drexel University, is losing money and being closed by its owners to convert it to condos (?)... Snaker should know more.
wilkin4 likes this.

Obligatory disclaimer: Unless expressly stated to the contrary therein, all my posts always represent only my own personal opinion(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Black, 6M, sunroof, custom wheels & spare, CAGS defeat, Holden badging, black trim
post #213 of 229 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoram View Post
The Hahnemann Hospital, also used as the teaching hospital for Drexel University, is losing money and being closed by its owners to convert it to condos (?)... Snaker should know more.
I had no idea what that last limerick was about, had to google it, not a good situation....

Miami,FL In a van down by the river
2014 Chevrolet SS
Red, sunroof, spare
#3,273 of 3,527 built
#272 of 291

post #214 of 229 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 10:58 AM

Garage
Yeah, 18 months ago, An investor named Joel Friedman purchased Hahnemann, proceeded to neglect the basic maintenance of the building, failed to order medical supplies needed for patient care, and turned away 2 prospective buyers (Drexel & Tower Health) because he doesnít really want to sell. He wants to devalue the hospital & try to convert it to condos & flip the property. He lost out on money from the city of Philadelphia & state of PA because he refused to open up the books. Everyone thinks heís hiding something.

Itís a shame, not only because 500 medical residents are now scrambling to find a new site, but 2500 other workers (my wife included) are still not sure when they will officially be laid off & but keep getting told not to come in due to low patient census. (Joel closed the ER last week with only 72 hours notice which was against PA law). The biggest losers in this situation are the poor that rely on the hospital for care. Many will now wait until the problem is much worse to be treated because the other city hospitals are too far away & they canít afford transportation. 400 pregnant mothers now have to make other arrangements to deliver their baby. Cancer patients now need to find new doctors to continue treatment. Transplant patients need to get on the list somewhere else.

Donít get in an accident on Rt 95 in Philly, it will take you another 6 minutes with no traffic or another 17-34 min with traffic to get to the next closest trauma hospital. ER wait times in Philadelphia are already well above the national average, now they are increasing. The only hope is that somehow the City, State & federal governments can step in with emergency funds to prevent a public health crisis in the city.

The nurses at Hahnemann have always had a slogan ďdoing more with lessĒ. The administration has been cutting costs but the patient care has been excellent still due to the hard work and ingenuity of the nursing staff.

Personally this affects me in many ways; my wife's reduced paychecks & soon to be no paycheck & My orthopedist is closing too since he is at Hahnemann & Iím in the middle of my Achilles recovery. Finally, our health insurance is through Hahnemann & is due to shut off on 8-26-19. Since I am on medical leave until 8-22, I canít even try to get us on my work policy until iím Reinstated. There will probably be a gap in care because these things always take time to set up. I hope we donít have anything else happen in that time.

If I have to sell one of my vehicles, it will have to be the Forester because Iím not giving up the SS.

Sorry for the long post, that is the abbreviation version
z51vett and wilkin4 like this.

2015 SS 6-speed Manual Phantom Black Metallic,SR,SPARE #42 of 114 / #1387 overall
Rubber Band Delete, Rotofab CAI, Elite Catch Can & Air/Oil Separator, SW Headers, 3" to Magnaflows, High Temp 0 ohm Plug Wires, Ported Heads, Cam, Agile Tune
post #215 of 229 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Yeah, 18 months ago, An investor named Joel Friedman purchased Hahnemann, proceeded to neglect the basic maintenance of the building, failed to order medical supplies needed for patient care, and turned away 2 prospective buyers (Drexel & Tower Health) because he doesnít really want to sell. He wants to devalue the hospital & try to convert it to condos & flip the property. He lost out on money from the city of Philadelphia & state of PA because he refused to open up the books. Everyone thinks heís hiding something.

Itís a shame, not only because 500 medical residents are now scrambling to find a new site, but 2500 other workers (my wife included) are still not sure when they will officially be laid off & but keep getting told not to come in due to low patient census. (Joel closed the ER last week with only 72 hours notice which was against PA law). The biggest losers in this situation are the poor that rely on the hospital for care. Many will now wait until the problem is much worse to be treated because the other city hospitals are too far away & they canít afford transportation. 400 pregnant mothers now have to make other arrangements to deliver their baby. Cancer patients now need to find new doctors to continue treatment. Transplant patients need to get on the list somewhere else.

Donít get in an accident on Rt 95 in Philly, it will take you another 6 minutes with no traffic or another 17-34 min with traffic to get to the next closest trauma hospital. ER wait times in Philadelphia are already well above the national average, now they are increasing. The only hope is that somehow the City, State & federal governments can step in with emergency funds to prevent a public health crisis in the city.

The nurses at Hahnemann have always had a slogan ďdoing more with lessĒ. The administration has been cutting costs but the patient care has been excellent still due to the hard work and ingenuity of the nursing staff.

Personally this affects me in many ways; my wife's reduced paychecks & soon to be no paycheck & My orthopedist is closing too since he is at Hahnemann & Iím in the middle of my Achilles recovery. Finally, our health insurance is through Hahnemann & is due to shut off on 8-26-19. Since I am on medical leave until 8-22, I canít even try to get us on my work policy until iím Reinstated. There will probably be a gap in care because these things always take time to set up. I hope we donít have anything else happen in that time.

If I have to sell one of my vehicles, it will have to be the Forester because Iím not giving up the SS.

Sorry for the long post, that is the abbreviation version
I am so sorry and enraged at the situation and how it affects you and your wife and thousands of other people. It's unbelievable that this can happen. Not to get political, but this showcases the ugly side of unchecked capitalism, where money talks louder than basic human needs.
Snaker and wilkin4 like this.

post #216 of 229 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
More on the Rubber Band

Quote:
No SS project is complete
without the rubber band delete
what is this? you ask
but a nominal task
I'll show you the next time we meet

https://www.ssforums.com/forum/chevy...nd-delete.html

https://www.ssforums.com/forum/2014-s...tml#post930313
No use to regret or lament
The months and the years I have spent
In my quest to find out
Before I get gout
What deleting the rubber band meant
Snaker and wilkin4 like this.

post #217 of 229 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 05:02 PM

Garage
Best wife ever

My wife overheard what I said
About selling the Forester instead
She said she prefers
To sell both of hers
Iím really so glad that we wed

(Hopefully it doesnít come down to that)
wilkin4 and Yoram like this.

2015 SS 6-speed Manual Phantom Black Metallic,SR,SPARE #42 of 114 / #1387 overall
Rubber Band Delete, Rotofab CAI, Elite Catch Can & Air/Oil Separator, SW Headers, 3" to Magnaflows, High Temp 0 ohm Plug Wires, Ported Heads, Cam, Agile Tune
post #218 of 229 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 12:16 AM

Garage
G-mom

My grandma just turned 88
For being that old she looks great
Mentally sound
Can still get around
But says, ďdo not resuscitateď
good2go, wilkin4 and Yoram like this.

post #219 of 229 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 12:35 AM

Garage
Donít be Randy

Katrina once dated Randy
She thought that he was just dandy
But that was until
She walked in on Jill
Giving her boyfriend a handy
wilkin4 likes this.

post #220 of 229 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 09:16 PM

Garage
?

Timmyís story just gets dismissed
Because aliens donít exist
They made him disrobe
for an anal probe
Amateur proctologist?
wilkin4 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page