Thank You Texas!! - Chevy SS Forum
 850Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 196 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Thank You Texas!!

I got a 'hankerin' something like this was maybe in my future life. I have been so tired with the life we have to lead here in 'Calizuela' that a couple of years ago I started looking East for relief. By East I mean like half way across the country. Get away from the 'Left Coast BS'. Sooo, a couple months ago I got on 'zillow.com' and plugged in a few places in areas that had our views of how life should be. Texas was the target. I think I hit a 'bullseye'. So this past weekend I took my realtor friend and I on a trip to Abilene, Texas. It was cold, near freezing, and drizzling and very overcast. Not nice at all. Once we had conversations with a few of the native Texans, that weather did not matter at all!! Matter of fact things started warming up in the hearts of both of us. We were starting to experience 'Texas Friendly'. Yes, I told our famous SSForum moderator of my trip and where we would be and when. So, my realtor friend and I head out to the prospective property Saturday morning and proceed to inspect the place with the seller's realtor doing the 'splainin'. I was boppin around the inside doing a 'facetime' conversation with my wife back home in Cali, so she could see what I was looking at and compare with what we had seen on the internet. My presentation to her was much more in depth that what we had seen on the internet. And my discoveries made this home much more desirable than originally thought. While going room to room, I noticed a tall fellow making conversation with the two realtors. I asked him if he was the owner. He very politely said 'no'. Then my realtor said, "but he owns an SS also". I almost had an accident in my pants. that's when I realized it was none other than our famous "Pinetree". My wife got to see the whole thing on 'Facetime'. So she got to meet him too. How cool could this be?? Two old guys, only 11 days separated in age, been conversing for about five years, and never met until then. Now that is being 'Texas Friendly'. We spent a couple hours still at the 'ranch' and then went to lunch at one of Pinetree's favorite spots. Boy O boy that was good! We talked for a very long while at the restaurant and then departed. During our talk, Pinetree gave me a good insight on life in Abilene. I would say a beginners(mine) view point. I already subscribe to the City Chambers weekly activities guide. It is very impressive for a town of about 120,000 population. I think in a day or two I will be making a complete lifestyle change decision. The magnitude of which is truly life style altering. Just the thought of transporting a 47 year collection of 'stuff' 1500 miles boggles my mind. Yep, 47 years in the same house. Not to mention finding someone to transport my machine shop equipment for less what it's worth!! But then I think about where it would be going. Into a 1200 square foot shop instead of 990. Having ALL our cars out of the weather due to the house having a nice two car attached garage also. I would probably need some goats to keep 2 1/2+ acres of weeds under control. I would actually have a 'spare' bedroom or two!! It has four real nice bedrooms. The guests would actually have their own bathroom too!! And room in the living room for everyone to have a comfortable seat!! How much 'gooder' can it get?? Ain't got many years left, but the move might extend that. And we would have an 'old friend' in the name of Pinetree to talk about how things used to be!! May God Bless Texas and thank you Pinetree for the friendship you extended to us.
copacetic1, jat63, KenzSS and 46 others like this.

'14-SIM-#2193 built on 11/20/13-#13 of 30(one confirmed dead) in '14 like this-no roof-with spare-Whipple-Borla S-Type
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 196 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 01:34 PM

Wow that's nuts!
Headrat and Clutchfoot like this.
post #3 of 196 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 01:47 PM

Garage
Ment to be sounds like to me
Headrat and a6d9cmro like this.

2017 RH2 manual no spare no sunroof 2635 of 4008 number 4 of 5
2017 SSB auto spare no sunroof 3347 of 4008 number 16 of 18
2019 Silverado HC 6.2 NHT

post #4 of 196 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 02:29 PM

Congratulations! I'm within a year or so of retirement and I've been trying to convince my wife to leave this Arctic tundra to relocate somewhere warm. This has been the worst February on record in Omaha. With the snow piles and humongous potholes around town that will need fixing, it could be months before the SS gets out of hibernation.
post #5 of 196 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I too have been considering a warmer climate, and @Headrat may soon have a couple of extra bedrooms. Hmmm...
KenzSS, z51vett, Headrat and 6 others like this.

LIVERNOIS MOTORSPORTS, 2R MAXX CAM, POWERSTORM HEADS, PORTED THROTTLE BODY AND INTAKE, ARH LONGTUBES W/CATTED X 496.2 RWHP, 455.78 lb-ft TQ.
ROTO-FAB, BMR, MAV-MAN, MGW, VS FORGED VS-04 T6061 monoblock wheels w/MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4S 265/305 tires from BESTWHEELDEALS.COM, WEATHERTECH, CLEARSHIELD PRO, 35% tint, 1080P dashcam, FLOWTIE grille and HOLDEN etched CAI cover from member COUPE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1 of 273 PBM SS's ever produced, 1 of 77 bolt action PBM SS's ever produced, #38 of 44 as optioned.
post #6 of 196 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 02:41 PM

Do it.
KenzSS, z51vett, Headrat and 3 others like this.

2017 SIM ROOFLESS SPARE AUTO UNSULLIED
2,701st of 4,008 built 2-5-2017
12th of 17 built as configured

2014 SIM ROOFLESS - Traded
2,703rd customer car built
1 of 73 ROOFLESS SIM customer built cars
1 of 78 total ROOFLESS SIM in US when including the 5 roofless SIM GM internal cars sold as used.
1 of the 78 is confirmed dead and unrecoverable.

I don't do lazy or stupid.
Proudly politically incorrect.
post #7 of 196 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 03:19 PM

Garage
Congrats, my take Nor/Cal Holden isn't losing one of our founding members, more simply you are inviting all of us to move to Texas too. I can confirm the entire contents of my Liberty safe fit in the SS' ample trunk.
KenzSS, z51vett, Headrat and 5 others like this.

Russ

2014 SIM A6 w/sunroof & inflator #137 of 164
<<--- see my Garage for details and mods
post #8 of 196 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 04:59 PM

Texas is great and California money goes a long way in Texas. It goes so far that Austin may feel way too similar to Berkeley for some.

But Abilene is closer to, and more like, N Mexico than Austin...so welcome to the South West buddy. Ski Ruidoso when you get a chance.
Headrat and iratollah like this.
post #9 of 196 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 05:37 PM

Very Cool. I think you will like Texas.
Headrat, wiseman08 and iratollah like this.

2017 NGM SS
post #10 of 196 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 05:50 PM

Sweet!
Leave the stuff.
Take the SS.

Yup can always get more stuff
Headrat, wiseman08 and a6d9cmro like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare. #21 of 3527, 1 of 144 in MG, #2 of 60 as optioned (sold).

2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare. #555 of 2221, 1 of 76 in Mystic Green, #9 of 18 as optioned, One of 12,924 total built

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP, MSM, 6M. #715 of 1829

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP, MSM, 6A. #807 of 1829

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in