Tesla ... more concern - Chevy SS Forum
 244Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 221 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

Tesla ... more concern

Well this is scary:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/423...strations-cars

One must compare the fact that except for Tesla (direct sales by manufacturer) dealers are responsible for registrations not the manufacturer.

Drawing on my experience, dealers who 'delay' registrations and title transfers 'do it' for only two reasons:

1- incompetence of business manager/title clerk.

2- active delay due to cash flow problems: ie: using the floorplan, extended warranty, tax and fee money to pay other bills to keep the lights on because the checkbook is strained. In the past I have seen this many, many times. Next thing you know the dealer's doors are shut with no warning or the inventory disappears virtually overnight because they are "out of trust". Twice in my life I have seen live and in person a convoy of car carriers show up unannounced to haul away the inventory.

Go to the tesla forum https://model3ownersclub.com/ and read all the complaints about this.

A major problem for many of the purchasers has been on financed cars and delayed paperwork causing late payment/credit score issues.

My take: cash flow inadequacy.

It amazes me Elon has been able to keep this going ...

... and if it ends badly and you bought into the Tesla Kool-Aid what do you do with your car when it breaks or you want to sell it ??? Ask a SAAB owner !!!

2017 SIM ROOFLESS SPARE AUTO UNSULLIED
2,701st of 4,008 built 2-5-2017
12th of 17 built as configured
1 of the 17 totaled.

2014 SIM ROOFLESS - Traded
2,703rd customer car built
1 of 73 ROOFLESS SIM customer built cars
1 of 78 total ROOFLESS SIM in US when including the 5 roofless SIM GM internal cars sold as used.
1 of the 78 is confirmed dead and unrecoverable.

I don't do lazy or stupid.
Proudly politically incorrect.

Last edited by CB750; 01-08-2019 at 07:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 221 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 07:04 AM

In my humble opinion the Tesla situation has been a stock market pipe dream from the start. That said, the whole financial system seems to work that way now compared to years and years ago when we bought stock in a company we believed in and let it ride for 40 years. So many companies do things to look good right now instead of betting on the long term.
jat63, CB750, ragingclue and 8 others like this.
post #3 of 221 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNSSHW View Post
In my humble opinion the Tesla situation has been a stock market pipe dream from the start. That said, the whole financial system seems to work that way now compared to years and years ago when we bought stock in a company we believed in and let it ride for 40 years. So many companies do things to look good right now instead of betting on the long term.
AMEN

Poignant example:

GM
SSSHHH and wilkin4 like this.

1 of the 17 totaled.

1 of 78 total ROOFLESS SIM in US when including the 5 roofless SIM GM internal cars sold as used.

post #4 of 221 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

... also ask a Bricklin and DeLorian owner ...

Forget the stock aspect. A lot of people thru their 401K's, index and blended stock and bond funds as well as well as their own direct holdings will feel the pain of a stock market driven by "todays news", twitter posts, 'expert' analysis commentary and focus on singular quarterly results.

1 of the 17 totaled.

post #5 of 221 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 09:33 AM

Interesting thread......

A good friend of mine that I worked with, and have known for 40 years, has decided to put his whole life savings, and 401K into Tesla stock. I was shocked and asked him why, and he said it is the future and he wanted to invest in an eco friendly company, to help save the planet. He did buy a Nissan Leaf electric car, said he could not afford the Tesla....

I then reminded him about putting all your eggs in one basket, and the need to diversify, to no avail. Then I told him about another friend I had, that put all his retirement money in his company, Arthur Anderson, he worked there 35 years, and had over a million dollars in the account. During the financial crisis a few years ago his company went under, and did not survive, he got ZERO dollars back for his retirement. All the employees have a large class action suite against the company, but they will never get any money.
z51vett, CB750, SSSHHH and 2 others like this.

Miami,FL In a van down by the river
2014 Chevrolet SS
Red, sunroof, spare
#3,273 of 3,527 built
#272 of 291
post #6 of 221 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 09:37 AM

Model Y will fix everything.
CB750, SSSHHH and ibshortie like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare. #21 of 3527, 1 of 144 in MG, #2 of 60 as optioned (sold).

2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare. #555 of 2221, 1 of 76 in Mystic Green, #9 of 18 as optioned, One of 12,924 total built

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP, MSM, 6M. #715 of 1829

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP, MSM, 6A. #807 of 1829

post #7 of 221 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXPaycheck View Post
Model Y will fix everything.

... but the Model 3 was supposed to make every 2 share owner of Tesla stock a millionaire ....

1 of the 17 totaled.

post #8 of 221 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkin4 View Post
Interesting thread......

A good friend of mine that I worked with, and have known for 40 years, has decided to put his whole life savings, and 401K into Tesla stock. I was shocked and asked him why, and he said it is the future and he wanted to invest in an eco friendly company, to help save the planet. He did buy a Nissan Leaf electric car, said he could not afford the Tesla....

I then reminded him about putting all your eggs in one basket, and the need to diversify, to no avail. Then I told him about another friend I had, that put all his retirement money in his company, Arthur Anderson, he worked there 35 years, and had over a million dollars in the account. During the financial crisis a few years ago his company went under, and did not survive, he got ZERO dollars back for his retirement. All the employees have a large class action suite against the company, but they will never get any money.
This is so, so very sad. From many perspectives.

Illogical thinking in general; not just illogical financial planning such as this is why 40% of retired Americans have ZERO savings and their only source of income save handouts is their meager Social Security checks.

On a more incendiary note (only to a very few here hopefully ... I know a few are here) I came across this gem yesterday:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.z7x8pz4dydey

... stupid is as stupid does.

1 of the 17 totaled.

post #9 of 221 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB750 View Post
Ask a SAAB owner !!!
I was a SAAB owner, i believe GM honored the warranty for a couple years at other dealers if i remember correctly, though it would be serviced by people who didn't even know GM owned SAAB.

No dealer near me so I mostly worked with indy mechanics. Or the Lotus warranty, AKA, do it yourself if you want the car back this year.

2016 Chevy SS 6MT HW
1971 240z 5MT
2015 BMW i3 (wife's Car)
post #10 of 221 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchfoot View Post
I was a SAAB owner, i believe GM honored the warranty for a couple years at other dealers if i remember correctly, though it would be serviced by people who didn't even know GM owned SAAB.

No dealer near me so I mostly worked with indy mechanics. Or the Lotus warranty, AKA, do it yourself if you want the car back this year.
I should have been clearer:

Saab's built AFTER GM ... the Victor Muller death march and funeral.
Clutchfoot likes this.

1 of the 17 totaled.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page